Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wolf Creek Dam on the C River

Anyone been fishing below the dam lately? I just realized that the generation schedule looks more favorable for fishing than recent times and I would love to try for some trout, walleye or whatever else will bite. The boat is in the shop so I'll be stuck on the bank. Any suggestions? Would hate to drive there from Louisville if the fishing is tough like the last time I tried it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolf Creek Dam on the C River

I was told by a friend that was down there on the bank during Memorial day weekend that the walleye were hitting on nightcrawlers.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response I gotta try to get down there early next week when my fishing partner gets back in town

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Wolf Creek Dam on the C River

Corps does have the river water level and flow down to more typical levels. Only running 0 to 1 generator most of the time. Walleye bite was good but I haven't been for about a week. Then, both the walleye and sauger were hitting my jerk bait early in the morning and around sunset.

Good Fishing
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man I need to get down there! I have been reading and researching and tying for months, fantasizing about trophy browns! I here they will continue to bite all through the early summer on the Cumberland, anyone care to share? I haven't been able to get out much and probably won't for a good bit, seeing as how the PARC Nazis jacked my ride and are holding for a quite exorbitant sum, so I won't really have much to share but I can send a few flies as a sort of thank you for quality intel. Any takers?

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you that the past few summers have been great for trout fishing. We have never caught many browns but mostly rainbows instead. When the water goes down and wading becomes a possibility the fishing heats up. No rush to get down there for fly fishing right now. It likely wouldnt be possible at this time, at least it wasnt the last time we went down. Good luck with the vehicle sutuation and good fishing.

Also I am gonna try for next Tuesday or Wednesday or maybe Thursday and I will post a report when I get back.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at CR this weekend with some friends fishing 4-5 miles upstream from Burkesville. The river was a little higher than I remember from last summer but there were still exposed sandbars. We like to beach at the sandbars and fish the fast water. Good production on flies, some with nightcrawlers, a few on mepp type spinners, and crankbaits in the slower water at the end of the sandbar. Caught a few browns.

Post Thanks / Like

My dad and uncle have been down there for the past 9 days and are staying until Wed. Between the 4 of them (step mom and aunt as well), they have all limited out in trout every day but one. Said he has a cooler of fillets coming back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    My dad and uncle have been down there for the past 9 days and are staying until Wed.
    That right there is my idea of livin', gone fishin' for not just a few days but a couple of weeks! I hope that's what I'll be able to do one day.

Post Thanks / Like

Not at the dam but the river is down at burkesville the ramp is open, but the water is quite stained and the tremps are begging to rise currently 63 degrees at the ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    Not at the dam but the river is down at burkesville the ramp is open, but the water is quite stained and the tremps are begging to rise currently 63 degrees at the ramp.
    Thanks man. That is the exact information I was looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the flood gates will open back up at the CR after this terrential down pour we are receiving! Make it stop!!!

-Rich