Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rude and Inconsiderate Fishermen on Cedar Creek!!! ....... :-(

Sometimes we need to vent our frustrations in a way that folks can learn from the mistakes of others. Last night while fishing at Cedar Creek Lake I had not one, BUT TWO DIFFERENT BOATS !!!, to possition themselves over my bait while trying to catfish with my children. I don't care what species of fish a person is fishing for.......... IT IS NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER OK TO MANEUVER YOUR BOAT BETWEEN ANOTHER FISHERMAN AND THE BANK!!!! AND I COULD CARE LESS OF YOUR FISHING STATUS "OR" IF YOUR FISHING A BASS TOURNAMENT OR NOT!!!! I am a bass fisherman myself, so I will accept NONE of the excuses. Regardless of what species a fisherman is fishing for, this is a practice that MUST come to a halt. If you approach another fisherman, don't even bother asking to fish the area!!! Politely give way to them and navigate AWAY AND WELL AROUND them. There's a WHOLE lake out there to fish. Surely you can find another spot to fish!!! I think many people these days seem to be much less considerate of others, and it's beginning to get a little out of hand!!! This is quickly becoming common practice, as it has happened to me on more than one occassions on that particular lake. It appears that many boaters have more money than they have good sense, and I'm not sure what everyone else thinks, but this is one fisherman that will absolutely NOT tollerate this type of arrogant and inconsiderate behavior any further!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!! It's time some folks learned some manners and made a concious effort to show some respect. Until you can learn to do it willingly, be ready to accept the alternative.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rude and Inconsiderate Fishermen on Cedar Creek!!! ....... :-(

you are right. nobody should ever cut between a fisherman and the bank. and if i am working a bank comming up on another person fishing i just go around. i have never ask to fish a spot that another fisherman is fishin. like you said there is alot of other spots to fish move on and come back later. some people are getting out of hand out there and should be told about there actions.but not in a mad fist fight, just let them know hay what you did are doing ant cool show some respect fore your fellow fisherman. and i fish alot with my kids to and they should set exsamples fore future fisherman.

thanks
    chuck

Post Thanks / Like

I quit going down there myself. After a while you get tired of all the idiots!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

what does money have to do with it?anyone can ask me and i will gladly let them share a place as long as they don't try rooting me out..common courtesy is slipping away,but it is a little bit of everybody bass fisherman crappie fisherman and even some of the bow fisherman can be when they are using the big lights at night...myself i don't let it bother me and ruin my day..night..

Post Thanks / Like

avoid cedar for same reason. nice fishery but not worth the hassle from incosiderate others.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smuckey41 View Post
    but not in a mad fist fight, just let them know hay what you did are doing ant cool show some respect fore your fellow fisherman. and i fish alot with my kids to and they should set exsamples fore future fisherman.

thanks
    chuck

Smuckey,

I fully understand what your saying. And I intend to do just that. However....... LIP! ....... I also have a strong dislike for. I refuse to give up my favorite lake simply because of the stupidity and ignorance of others. And I'm not just saying it's the bass fishermens' fault but it seems to be more common among the "Van Dam" wanabe's than most any other group, from my experience anyhow. I've YET to have a crappie, catfish, striper, hybrid, or bluegill fisherman crowd me out of a spot or do ANYTHING that upsets my outings. Not in the 20 years I've owned a boat anyhow. Maybe others might have a different view, I don't know. All I know is, from this day forward my outings will NOT be disrupted without intervention. Period.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain. I fished Rough yesterday and today. Had my line run over twice by by pleasures boaters yesterday but to make mattters worse I had a tx boater cast over my line this morning. I was not happy when I blew out the area.

Post Thanks / Like

people just dont have any respect anymore i will say something to them cause i could careless if they are fishing for 100 dollars or 100,000 they put their britches on the same as i do...... why didnt u just let that guy take a spool of line up in his trolling motor.......

Post Thanks / Like

Cedar is notorious for crowds, and selfishness as well. I would try to go during the week if possible. I know you may not be able to go through the week, but maybe a day off work is in order!

CC is only 20 minutes from where I live, but I would rather go somewhere else to avoid the hassle. Like someone said earlier, there are some great trophy fish in that lake. However, I would rather go to Cumberland, Herrington, or Green and avoid the crowd. Yes, and hour or so out of the way to avoid the people. There are plenty of fishermen on those lakes every weekend, but their size makes the numbers of fisherman more manageable.

In conclusion, I would rather fish in a thunderstorm with a lightning rod in the boat than try to fish CC on a Saturday or Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

I've some of the same things on Cedar. But it happens everywhere, it's just Cedar is so small and packed it happens more there. Had a wannabe on KY lake a couple months ago fly up right in front of us, worst cut off ever, gave me a little look and then he casted right into a tree. I just sat back and laughed. Same thing yesterday, was working a ledge at Nolin coming right up to a point, this guy comes up and anchors right in front of us within casting distance fishing for bluegill. BTW, with all of the recreation traffic on Nolin, I think it is now worse than TVille, that place was crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd2 View Post
    I've some of the same things on Cedar. But it happens everywhere, it's just Cedar is so small and packed it happens more there. Had a wannabe on KY lake a couple months ago fly up right in front of us, worst cut off ever, gave me a little look and then he casted right into a tree. I just sat back and laughed. Same thing yesterday, was working a ledge at Nolin coming right up to a point, this guy comes up and anchors right in front of us within casting distance fishing for bluegill. BTW, with all of the recreation traffic on Nolin, I think it is now worse than TVille, that place was crazy.
    I agree....There are bozo's everywhere, think about it. You can encounter these guys while driving to and from the lake, on streams, creeks, small lakes and big lakes. It's a pain in the rear but all you can do it deal with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Its not just bass fisherman, its everyone, and it gets worse every year! I dont think alot of these guys had dads, or men influences in their life to teach them right or wrong, so they dont realize what they are doing, but some do and they are just azzholes, and will be for life, so it doesnt even do any good to say something to them. Its really a shame, and with the lakes getting more and more crowded each year, you watch, someone will eventually get shot, or run over by the guy they cut off. Its really a shame that it has gotten this bad, but its only going to get worse, thats why I usually go early early, or real late, because those idiots are usually passed out, or beating their wives and kids bye then.