I own several Garmin products and am very pleased with all of them. And the reason I am most pleased is because of Garmin’s superb Technical Support.

My first Garmin was a Marine GPSMAP 162. I don’t remember what happened but I contacted Garmin Technical Support for something. I do remember that they were very helpful and took their time to make sure the problem was solved.

Because of that great service, when I wanted a Road GPS I bought a Garmin Street Pilot III. Again, I had a minor problem and Tech Support came to the rescue and made sure everything was working right. Later the fishfinder I use in the bow of my boat broke and I replaced it with a Garmin Fishfinder.

Then a couple of years ago, I got a really good, close-out, price on a Garmin StreetPilot C330 and bought it use in my Van for short trips, versus the StreetPilot III which I like for longer trips because I can plan routes with it.

Anyhow, to make an already long story shorter, I had a problem getting the MapSource maps installed on my Laptop, which I use when traveling. I had installed them to use on the road with the StreepPilot III but later uninstalled them and then when I tried to re-install them, they wouldn’t install right. So, I again contacted Garmin Tech Support and the lady spent over two hours working on the problem. It seems that everything from the first installation didn’t uninstall when I tried and it was causing an error when I tried to re-install the MapSource maps. She fixed the problem and now I can use it.

By the way, last year I got another really good deal on a Marine Chartplotter, A GPSMAP 430 and upgraded to that one for my boat. It is great because it is preloaded with over 5000 maps in the USA and I don’t have to download maps to it when I want to fish someplace where I haven’t been before.

If and when I ever need another GPS for on the road or on the water, it will definitely be a Garmin because they stand behind their products with great customer service and Technical Support. Having to wait on the phone about 30 minutes to speak to someone it the only drawback, but it's worth it to get someone that can solve my problem.

I just wanted to pass on a good word about a good Company. By the way, their Tech Support is in the United States (outside Kansas City) and they speak “American English”.

Grumpy