Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Compartment lids sqeak

When I walk on them, they have this annoying sqeak. It's even worse when someone is fishing with me and their not use to it. I have learned to avoid the one's on the front deck but, the sqeaking from someone walking on the back deck is annoying.

How do I fix this? I know someone out there has figured out how to stop it. I put some lube on them where they contact the fiberglass but it didn't last long.

I left it wide open for fat jokes but, I'm seriose. Glass houses shouldn't throw stones either.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Compartment lids sqeak

well u could try adn take strips of that plastic stickers that people use to make these big billboard signs its like 3m sticker something or other just stop in at a graphics joint and see if they have some scraps..... and give that a shot u might put some cross members on your lids cause the fiberglass is flexing and i am guessing thats what could be causing your problem.... our boat does it too but i think its just one of them things that have to be tolerated......i hope this helps....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Compartment lids sqeak

Thanks

I agree, the flexing is causing the problem. I don't want to start drilling or glueing anything to my nice boat though. I've been using STP brand belt dressing but, it doesnt last long and it usually wears off when I'm not catching any fish. That doesn't seem to help things.

I'll get some of the sticker material, when I get a chance, and let you know how it works. Might be a while though cause I don't know anyone close who does that.