Just trying to figure out if this is "one step too far". Pontoon is a 20 footer, 2 tubes, 75hp Merc. Don't want to trailer out via Miller Ferry. Realize its a 2-3 mile run to the island, and am aware of where the State Park new marina is, and how to get to the downtown marinas for dockage. We're thinking about 2nd week of September, after the Labor Day frenzy. Me and the potoonie have weathered near miss tornadoes, and we're survived Ohio River Pushboat wakes, in 30-40 mile gusting winds.

Questions:
a. Where at Catawba Pt to ramp in as close to Miller Ferry as possible?
b. Likely hood, your advice, on weather "up dare", in September, am I likely to experience high wind days. Would it be most days, or a seldom occurrence?
c. Sounds stupid, but every body of water is different. Potoonie and me can navigate leading of trailing waves up to 2-3 feet. Takes some throttle control, and I do get wet. If I was ready to leave port, what amount of wind speed does it take for the waves to get to the 2-3 foot level. 25 mph? 15 MPh? Not too crazy, don't mind tying up a drinking col ones till the wind dies, but don't know how much wind it tkes to make Erie an Eeery nightmare. Help please.

Can email me at deboham@comcast.net, all comments welcome, I take no offense. Unfamiliar water, and appreciate the advice of the local folks who know.