Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

help out kentucky boy

Be in Tampa area beginning July 4th for 10 days. My brother in law is booking a couple days out in the gulf fishing but the wife and kids will do the beach thing the rest of the time, which drives me nuts. Any places to wade the shallows with light tackle or fly rod? Not particular about what I catch, just want to enjoy the weather and the water. Any freshwater ideas even? I have an inflatable two man kayak that works great in calmer water. Just can't lay on the beach all day with that much good water around. Steer me to a good bait shop where I can buy bait, flies, etc, and I would be extremely grateful. Glad to return the favor if you ever come up to Ky Lake, Barkley, Cumberland, or Dale Hollow. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: help out kentucky boy

I live in Louisville but I spend a lot of time in St Pete beach. The winds down there have been bad all year so off shore has been rough. Your best best is early in the morning over off pass a grill beach down by the jetty snook have been crusing the beaches. But like I said it depends on the wind again even off the beach. That's why I say early. D.O.A., Mirrolure, and of course live bait. White Jigs, if you tie your own flies tie a fly with and silver flash and other color flashes if not buy one like that. red jig heads,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...g?t=1221615328

when you get down thereask what is the best live bait they are hitting on or just get some live shrimp always catches something. During the day my favorite place to fish Fort Desoto park wade fish, kayak, just do a google on Fort Desoto great place to fish and can find some calm water out of the west wind.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: help out kentucky boy

Thanks a bunch. I was getting worried that I might not get any feedback. I have fished the Keys and all over Central Florida, Kissimmee, Toho, Rodman, etc, but not much time on Gulf Coast. I am looking up Fort DeSoto as soon as I finish this posting. I am from Louisville as well and if you ever need any help, let me know. I make most of my baits and flies and love giving them to friends. Take care.