Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Trout--What they taste like?

I personally like trout,grilled is my favorite way.Tastes like Ace said Trout.
    I love crawfish,used to live in Louisiana and was married to a Cajun Gal,we had crawfish boils when they were in season regularly and I could eat 5-10 pounds of them easy,s-u-c-k da head lol.
    The trick to getting the dirty,gritty taste out of the Kentucky variety is you have to soak them in a big tub of clean water changing the water a couple times over night or else you can taste the creek dirt in them.Use some good crab boil mix,onions,potatoes,corn on the cob and cajun seasoning and that's a feast for me.
    Then again after I think about it them Cajuns cooked everything that swam,walked,or crawled and I ate about all of it,of course I drank alot of beer back then so my taste could have been distorted a little

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trout--What they taste like?

My favorite trout is the one that has been digested by a mongo Striper!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Does anyone boil their fish? I've had several tell me that if you boil up some fish, whether it be crappie or bluegill, they end up tasting like tuna. Never tried it, just wondering if anyone else has heard that as well.
    Just like the drum post you can boil blue gill fillets in salt water and make poor man shrimp cocktail.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a big crawfish boil yesterday. Crawfish have to be purged before you boil them. Once this is done you can cook them. (They should be alive). Save the dead ones for bait. WE had about 20 people and went through 80lbs about as fast as they were cooked. As far as the taste... It depends on the seasoning and the cook. They have texture like lobster and about the same taste unless you spice them up. Ours left your lips burning and your tongue begging for more.
    Trout is great too.. They taste like trout.. A little like salmon. Excellent w/ lemon and butter broiled with some cheddar biscuits.. MMMMMMMM...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lbrown View Post
    Remember that trout are essentially a cold water fish, and are more oily than other fish. they are best prepared without a lot of oils, which is why they are popular out west grilled or cooked over an open fire....at their absolute best beside a rocky mountain stream, over an open fire, the smell of ponderosa pine, elk grazing across the meadow....why am I still at work????
    just got back from Colorado and enjoyed fresh brookies, while watching the elk drinking a coors.... Hard to beat...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSprint007 View Post
    just got back from Colorado and enjoyed fresh brookies, while watching the elk drinking a coors.... Hard to beat...
    just to make sure you know i was drinking the coors not the elk.....they had miller lite.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Trout--What they taste like?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSprint007 View Post
    just to make sure you know i was drinking the coors not the elk.....they had miller lite.
    I reported the elk drinking miller lite instead of coors to the Colorado dept of fish and wildlife,they have opened an immediate special elk hunt/draw to eliminate these sick animals.