Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Reel Recover Fundraiser

Alright guys we are going to have another fund raiser at Rough River on Sept. 12th. Safe light to 3:30 Louisville time. This fund raiser however is not for the club but is for a organization called reel recovery. The company approached us early in the year asking for help to support their cancer foundation and we have decided on having a tournament to raise money for their retreat this year. For those of you that have never heard of the company I have posted a link to the website at the bottom of the post and I highly recommend you check this out. Reel Recovery has a retreat for men that have either battled cancer or are in the process that enables them to get out and have a good time while trying to keep their minds off of the burdens that the cancer has brought upon them. We feel that helping the organization raise money this year will enable them to provide their participants with everything they could possibly need to make this retreat as enjoyable as possible.

As far as the tournament goes... We are working hard to have media coverage at the event and I do believe it is going to happen from the emails that we have been receiving from the company. We recently had a teammate on Tim Farmers radio show briefly describing what is going on and hope to be on the Denny and Joe B show shortly.. We have a goal of having close to 30 boats and are planning on having a $100 boat entry fee and paying out 60% for 1st 2nd and 3rd place finishers and giving the reel recovery organization 40%. If we are able to pull more boats then we will obviously pay out more spots.

What are your alls thoughts on this? And do you think we could get 30 boats with an entry fee of $100? We have never gone over $60 dollars but was hoping we could pull more people for the cause... There will be door prizes from most of our sponsors (A2O, Slongs Fishing Lures and a lot of reel recovery things.. Hats and T-shirts I do believe) that we will be raffleing as well and will have hotdogs and drinks for everyone that attends... Give me some input guys!

http://www.reelrecovery.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reel Recover Fundraiser

Sounds like a great cause, and if I can make it, I definetly will, since I have lost many family members to cancer, and I appreciate what these companies do for the sick. Good luck and I hope you have a great turnout.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Reel Recover Fundraiser

If you need any help call me270-904-2939.Don't think i can fish but will come up and take some picture's and drum up some boats too fish Oct11 ABA OPEN Tournament.Terry Adolph

Post Thanks / Like

If I am off I will fish it if I don't have to be a member.

Post Thanks / Like

entry forms?

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as we get one made up I will get it up here... I will let everyone know in advance because if we are doing it like we have in the past your entry form indicates your launch number thanks for the interest guys..

We just got an ok with the Denny Crum and that other guy that wears blue to come on the show and promote it as well so when I find out date and time I will let everyone know...

Post Thanks / Like

I have the forms now guys and if you are interested let me know and I can get you one through email... We have posted a thread on BBC as well to get some more interest and make this thing as large as possible...

The lady in charge of the region is really going through a bad time right now, her husband was just diagnosed with cancer for a 3rd time and had surgery last month and isn't recuperating well at all... Her words to us was that he just wanted to be left alone wanted no visitors and that she hoped that he would be able to "make it" to the fundraiser... If you are unable to make it just keep Ron and Ruby Gordon in your prayers...

Post Thanks / Like

I have lost my mother, father, uncles, and 2 in-laws (all whom I was close to and loved dearly) to this illness and just had my neighbor come over last night and ask my wife and I to add her to our prayer list at church. She was just diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic (probably spelled that wrong) cancer and has NEVER had any signs on it before this. I will make every attempt to attend even though I have never even been on Rough at all, but is there a way to make a small donation if I cannot make it to the event? Thanks for what you are doing and I hope your turnout is better than you expect, it is a worth wild cause in my opinion.

Rob

Post Thanks / Like

I am very sorry to here that Rob it is unfortunate that so many people have been affected by this sickness and what the Reel Recovery Foundation does for these gentlemen is amazing... It gives them time to go out and enjoy something that they like to do while sharing their memories with guys that are dealing with the same hardships... They also do a womens retreat as well and are looking for ladies wanting to be apart of such a great experience...

We appreciate your help Rob and hope that people understand what great pain and agony this disease brings to the people it affects on a daily basis...

Post Thanks / Like

i sent u a email and a pm Raisn angler 31

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to remind everyone that the tournament is coming up this Saturday and it looks like this is going to be our biggest tournament yet... I hope we can pull some more people in the next couple of days and we should get 10-20 if not more enter the day of the tournament.. If you have any questions be sure to shoot me a PM and we can get everything squared away! Thanks again for the support...

Cole

Post Thanks / Like

Bump! Come help support the Reel Recovery foundation. The fishing really helps take all the pain away for a couple of days for some really fantatstic gentlemen....