Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Help! Motor Trouble

I have an old Carb 115 Evanrude, had went about 2 miles down the lake today running 4000 rpm and the thing acted like was runing out of gas then stop.Well I could start up but it would stop, and then it wouldn't start at all. So I set there and fished for about 10 min, and it started again. So I baby the the thing around running 3000rpm and it did fine. When I was going back to the dock, and gettin close, I open her up to 5000rpm and let it back to 3000 then again to 5000 and it done it again. Set there 10 min. started went to the dock and loaded up, after laughing at all thase people unloading. I'll sure they would get a good laugh out of my typing, any ideals guys?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help! Motor Trouble

replace the fuel line and bulb. less than $15 and available at walmart.

Post Thanks / Like

if its not the fuel line it could be the computer that regulates the fuel to the motor..i had similiar problem with my 150 evinrude ...runs fine now it was about 300 total to fix

Post Thanks / Like

Its old and dosen't have a computer. Fuel line, ok I see that, the old line is colapasing. I though about fuel and fuel pressure but couldn't figure out now setting for 10 min. would help anything. I'll give it a try, thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

I have this same motor on my boat. Like some were saying check your bulb, don't get the one from Walmart they aren't worth a count. This just happen to my motor and I got one from Walmart and it's not that great. I rebuilt the carbs on mine last year and it runs like a champ. Also check and make sure your gasline doesn't have a kink in it. I believe the bottom gasline on the lower carb is in a tight spot so just make sure everything is good there.

By the way my dad is a marine mechanic on the side and is probably one the cheapest around. If you are still having problems on here then send me a personal message and I will give you his contact info and let you know his rates.