Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Trout fishing at Greene Sullivan

Hey guys -
    Having been on vacation this past week and did a lot of fishing , went to Airline Pit in Greene Sullivan state park { dont forget to get the $20 launch permit and the $11.0 trout / salmon stamp } and did some trout fishing . DNR web info says they stocked 300+ adult trout this year so it sounded promising . Got up there from Evansville in the afternonn , got the permit , and fished until after dark . The rainbow trout they stocked were running from 10" up to 16" and used canned corn as bait . Fished on a slide bobber rig with small hooks and split shots down to 30' deep . There are many deep holes in the pit , some up to 70' deep and the trout hold near the bottom on the slope of these holes { had a portable fishfinder } and caught one on a rooster tail in-line spinner , the rest on corn . Caught my limit { 5 } fairly easy and caught and released 5 more . One strange thing , a little after dark I decided to leave { its a long drive to Eville } and there were 2 guys in Lund also fishing the lake { they got there just before dark } so as I headed to the bank to load the boat in the truck I noticed they were following me . It seemed kinda of odd , they had just put in 30 minutes before . The pulled there boat up a little down from me and went to there truck , got some coleman lanterns and lit them . One guy came over with the light and offered to help but I had already loaded the jon in the truck but said thanks anyway . It seemed weird they would head in the same time I did and made me nervous as I was alone . My brother says I need to pack a handgun if Im going to be out fishing alone at night , any of you guys pack when your out alone ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trout fishing at Greene Sullivan

Sounds like a coincidence to me...the thing you have to ask yourself is "would you really shoot anyone anyway?"