Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Louisville Catfish

I am looking for a little help to take the girl out fishing. I usually go after Bass around louisville but I want to find some rivers/lakes close to louisville that offer some good catfishing. I want to find a place where I would be able to take my wife out fishing after work where she could catch fish. I know that a lot of people go on the Ohio but would rather stay away from it. Please offer Rivers/Lakes around Louisville that offers some good catfishing.

onemorecast56 Guest

Re: Louisville Catfish

I`d be glad to show you around the lower river,,,it`s nothing like the upper pool. I was there last night and we had a ball,,caught some nice cats,,nothing big 15-18 lbs. I can show you where to get bait. It`s not bad at all at the river right now,,,oh yeah and caught 5 nice bass to boot at my scerct honyhole,,,,LOL but it`s close,easy to get in,,and the stripers are about to start turning on,,,

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a list for you:
    http://fw.ky.gov/urbanfishing.asp

I know for a fact that Miles Park #4 and Tom Wallace can be good for catfish, and I hear Waverly can be pretty good, too. Those and Fisherman's Park are my favorites, but they're a lot better in the spring and fall then in the heat of summer. Keep an eye on this web site, come October:
    http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/troutsched.asp

When you see that they've stocked the little ponds in Jefferson Co. with all those trout, wait a day or two for them to acclimate, then go limit out!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses. Onemorecast I have been below the dam before, but I don't like to my wife down there because she gets nervous. I would be interested in knowing what type of stucture you were fishing to catch those bass and the bait used. Do you have much luck with bass in the river? RoadToad, I might have to try some of the city lakes some time. I have bass fished in them but never thought that they would provide good catfishing. I fished Floyds Fork for catfish but couldn't find a spot deeper than 4-5 feet, ended up catching 1 catfish. Not enough action for the wife. Do people do any good in the Salt River?