Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patoka Police

Post Thanks / Like

Patoka Police

Just make sure you have all the required gear. I was checked Twice on Sat. night. Make sure your throw cushion is in easy reach and your life jackets are were they can see them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Patoka Police

What is the deal lately? About 3 wks ago I had to show everything on Monroe. Fishing license, boat registration, driver license, pfd's, the whole nine yard. That was the first time I ever had to show that much to a CO. The CO are running low on cash or what?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    What is the deal lately? About 3 wks ago I had to show everything on Monroe. Fishing license, boat registration, driver license, pfd's, the whole nine yard. That was the first time I ever had to show that much to a CO. The CO are running low on cash or what?
    Hats off to the CO's.

Post Thanks / Like

It is about time they check for this stuff, just would they would check the pleasure boaters a little more,

Post Thanks / Like

And the speeders in the river!!!!!!1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Hunter View Post
    Hats off to the CO's.

Agree!!

Post Thanks / Like

come on guys.. should you really need a warning about the CO's to have the proper safety stuff in your boat and handy??? it should be common sense to have a life jacket and a throwie handy. Obviously you've never been on the ocean where you can get pitched out of a boat. or maybe someone just never taught you the rules... a boat is a lot more dangerous than a car but no one really takes that seriously.. when was the last time you had a flat tire and had to worry about drowning as well

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished for 25 years and prior to this year have never been checked on the water. So far this year 4 times...3 on Patoka and once on Monroe. Yes the state is short on money and c.o are doing their part just like the police. I dont mind being checked but it is getting a little ridiculous. Just becuse the lawmakers bankrupt the state they start cracking down in areas like this to try and generate revenue

Post Thanks / Like

Just think its funny when your in party cove at Monroe and there are people blarin loud music and drinking and they troll right past them to give me a warning that my letters on my boat are too dark. Why do they focus on the bass fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishola View Post
    it should be common sense to have a life jacket and a throwie handy.
    That's where the problems lies. You can't fix stupid. A certain % of people are the ones that get hurt or hurt others, or even killed.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep! rolled right past the pleasure boats that were nearby. You would think it's easier to target those cruisers and pontoons that are full of people on them. At $120 or whatever for each missing pfd they can make up for the shortage real fast.

Post Thanks / Like

from my experience, the COs don't like to ticket anyone in a large group of people around here. they target the 1 or 2 fisherman in a boat and ticket them if something is wrong, but only give warnings to someone in a group. i've seen this at least 3 times both at patoka and on the ohio. it is a joke. i think they don't want to get a large group of people all mad at them