Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Dust to Dawn Lights!

What is the word on putting dust to dawn light's at the Mineral Mounds ramp on Barkley Lake? I heard it is suppose to happen in the next two week's!
    Stratos 21

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dust to Dawn Lights!

I hadn't heard anything about that, but it would be great. I had began launching at the new ramp that was built a few years back right across the bay.

In fact, as I think about it, I think it would be better to put the lights at the new ramp. The new ramp was built to help with the tournament traffic, and to open the parking lot up to the golfers. Hmmm, when I played golf regularly, I would have loved that. LOL

Really though, since they built the golf course there, it seems the course has gotten the most attention from the state. This kind of makes me wonder if they would put lights in there, unless they think it would help the golf course.

I will say this, lights at the ramp would get me back to launching there. While I don't fish overnight like many of you do, I really am not too fond of boat prep in the dark.

I do feel I need to credit the parks system for this though, unless it has been changed in the last couple of years, Mineral Mounds has one of the best "Boat Ready Lanes" for launching as well as for retrieving your boat. It's nice to have an out of the way place to prepare to launch, and to tie down after trailering, and not have to drive to the back of a parking lot to do it.

HDF