Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boyd Duckett Leaves E21

I saw on another site where a big problem with Duckett was that the rods made for him were a lot different from the rods being marketed to the public and he states that he was not aware of that. His statement was that he uses and promotes them and then the public gets an inferior product. Rather he knew or not, it has become obvious that the pro's rods that come to them direct from the manufacturer are way different than the ones you and I buy. It is probably the same with a lot of the manufacturers, be it rods, reel, etc. His story is that he wanted the rods the same, whether for him or the public, and they would not go for it. Not "cost effective".

Post Thanks / Like

Makes sense. Dont go buy a rod or reel because you see a pro using it just find the brands you like and stick with them. I mostly buy Loomis anymore they have a great warranty. I have 20 rods so its worth it to me to get 1 rod for the price of 2 if its higher quality. As far as reels Shimano and Pfluger do it. With a few old Lews Speed Spools. I dont buy that every rod and reel has to be the same but I think its smart to stick with a few companies for the most part. You get to know your reels better this way. With rods its a little less important. Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

I own 2 E21 and they are the best rods that I have ever used. I also have several friends who use them and they are changing all of their rods to E21. I think they are wonderful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rme hunter View Post
    I own 2 E21 and they are the best rods that I have ever used. I also have several friends who use them and they are changing all of their rods to E21. I think they are wonderful.
    The only thing I would be worried about is what happens if two years from now they go out of the business? Not much warranty then. I am guessing they will protect the golf part of the company before the fishing part.

Post Thanks / Like

When I first bought All Star rods they had a great warranty as well now they aren't any better than anyone else. I wish that I could believe each time I bought a Rod that the warranty would last forever but the truth is they all seem to find a way out of it. So I buy what I think is the best for the money at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

When I went to the Bass Pro Shop to buy a couple of new rods, I wasnt sure what brand to buy. I talked to 2 different employees in the fishing dept. and both told me to stay away from the e-21, they told me they had alot of broken e-21's brought back in. Im actually suprised they are still carrying them since they steer customers away from them!!!!!! Greg

Post Thanks / Like

fished with a friends loved it i dont own one yet but will replace all my rods with them soon. yea they may break but there also the most sensative rod i have ever seen. and i alwayse close my rods i a rod box so they dont last me long anyways. just like buying a sports car you dont buy it because its reliable. but because of performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought one. It is the 7'11" crankbait model. Have not used it yet. Plan on using it for big cranks.