Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

sympson lake hybrids update?

i was wondering if anyone has any info about the hybrids in sympson lake that were stocked last fall. i also heard they were supposed to dredge the bottom out close to the ramp to make it usable when the water goes down. thanks in advance for any info

Post Thanks / Like

Re: sympson lake hybrids update?

was there a month ago,didn't see the hybrids and didn't see any dredging,they will probably wait until it goes down and doze it out like before,probably not this year since it hasn't went down alot..as manny folks as there are fshin there i doubt the hybrids will last long,they should be growing well with all the shad..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: sympson lake hybrids update?

I talked to Fish and Wildlife about the Hybrids a month or so ago. They said that this was a one time deal. No plans on restocking or doing any surveys at the lake on the Hybrids. Hoping to the clean up the lake some. I did not know this but the shad in the lake must somehow hurt the water quality a little bit. I am not sure how that is though. The guy I talked to said they should be about 14 inches by now.

They had the ramp roped off early this year before the lake filled but no dredging work was done at that time that I could see. We have had a very wet summer and the lake has held pretty good through July. Which means alot of boats getting into the lake that usually could not this time of the year. Makes fishing it more interesting to say the least.

Last trip I took we were fishing the main part of the lake down by the dam. Another boat was fishing right in the middle of the lake. Two guys pulling a tube were doing figure 8's around him. They managed to do this 3 times and the guys in the fishning boat finally had enough. They pullled up next to the guys had a few words and went back to their spot. The tubing boat went back into the no wake zone at right of the dam for some reason and I never saw them again. I would have loved to here what was said!