Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

cedar creek crappie help

hello fellas need a little help if someone can. taking a couple of kids down to try to catch a few crappie on cedar creek on sunday. i fish down there occassionally and know the area pretty good but i usually fish for largemouth. just looking for some help from somebody who frequently fishes there for crappie. trying to find what depth i need to start fishing at or an area i might try. just trying to keep the kids interested by keeping them on some fish. figured i should probably stay near the 8-12 foot depth probably right now in the timber and probably if possible near the creek channels. if anyone has any advise it would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cedar creek crappie help

Take lots of minnows ... LOL!!!

And if the Crappie don't cooperate, get in the 10-12ft depths and put a piece of nightcrawler down next to the bottom ... a slip float works great. The crawler pieces will get you some hand sized Bluegill & Shellcrackers ... and if you're lucky, they might even be bigger than that. Haven't fished for Crappie at CCL, this time of year, but have heard reports of them being caught (on minnows). I have fished there for Bluegill & Shellcracker (from the bank) ... and I can only tell you where I've caught them.
    Straight out in front of the rip rap bank at the dam ramp parking lot ... the half closest to the ramp.
    Off to the right of the dam ramp, straight out from the walkway that goes to the courtesy dock ... looking towards the dam.
    Straight out in front of the downed timber, that lies close to the bank, in front of the open area (bank fishing area) that you get to by making a left turn (instead of a right turn) at the T intersection that takes you to the ramp at the dam. Basically, the same bank as the ramp is on, up the lake a little ways, around the corner to your left (by water).

... luck2ya ... pappy