Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

My Trammel Fork trip

Well guys the trip was a complete bust. Wife and I got to our camp site in Horse Cave after two hour drive due to road construcion on 1-65. It took 45 minutes to go about 8 miles. We get our spot and set up camp, kick back and relax for a little bit. The plan was on Thursday night to drive the 2 1/2 miles to the Horse Cave Theater and see "Red, White and Tuna." Well, that didn't pan out. Jeep starts overheating and I barely nursed it back to camp. Found out my water pump went out and since I didn't bring any tools with me, Friday consisted of not fishing, but sitting at a mechanic shop for nearly four hours and having the water pump replaced. We gave up and came on home $300 poorer, with out seeing the play and with no fishing. Good times I can assure you. I guess I will have to try it again, maybe in a couple of weeks.

Richy, thanks for all of the advice, maybe I can get up there with you and have you show me the ropes.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Trammel Fork trip

Thanks for the report. I have always said that anticipation is half the trip- so at least you enjoyed that half.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear this Tim, I know you were looking forward to it. Hang in there Pal, you'll have better luck next time.

Post Thanks / Like

I would shoot for a weekend trip. They have been doing a stretch of stream restoration on Trammel keeping some of the popular fishing holes muddy. Not sure how far along they are on the restoration but I doubt they would be out there working on the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Richy, thanks for all of the advice, maybe I can get up there with you and have you show me the ropes.

Tim-
    You are welcome, sorry to hear your trip was a bust. I sent you a PM. Take it easy.

-Rich