Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Concealed Firearms on a BOAT..............who has the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    This is why conceal carry laws are TOTAL BULLCRAP......

16 posts, and 10 different answers...........The 2nd amendment gives me the RIGHT to carry a gun.......ANY GUN.......ANY TIME........and these conceal carry laws make it nearly impossible to UNDERSTAND what is legal and what is not.

I guess when a bad guy hold me up, or tries to rob me, or BREAKS into my house, or STEALS my car, I will point my finger at him and yell BANG.........I wonder if that will work.

Later,

Geo
    Man, I hate to get into constitutional law, I am over my head, and will admit that. But let me add this. I understand the second admendment allows us to have weapons to protect ourselves from tyrinical government control. That being said, with the way the weapons have evolved, we should be allowed to have nuclear weapons, assault weapons, aircraft carriers, etc...

Just a thought,

HDF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JD7.62 View Post
    Its perfectly legal to have at least long guns on the seat. I got pulled over at 1AM with an AKM-47 and an AKM-74 and 2,000 rnds of ammo. Luckily I wasnt in Louisville. I was in Albany, KY headed to my friends place on Dale. When the officer came up to my window he looked at the rifles and didnt even blink. He asked where I was headed and I told him. He looked in my car some more and found 6 fishing poles and a 1.75 of Jack. I got my ticket and the officer said, "well it looks like yall are gonna have fun this weekend!"

Open carry is legal. This whole one move BS is bogus. If I open carry it only takes me one move to reach my weapon, so open carry in vehicle is no difference.

Heck I just refinished an AKM at my moms place and drove back with it propped up in my front seat! (didnt want to mess up the finish as it aint fully cured).
    JD, take no offense, please, but I am so very glad I wasn't out on Dale while you and your friends were enjoying your 'Jack' and your high power weapons!!!

HDF

Post Thanks / Like

It is absolutely NOT legal to carry a gun in a vehicle laying on the seat or on the dash if you do not have a CCDW permit. The gun must be in a factory installed glovebox, per the KRS. A lot of you guys are really misinformed about this stuff, and it's easy to find...look it up!

http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/conceal.htm

KRS 527.020 - "A deadly weapon shall not be deemed concealed on or about the person if it is located in a glove compartment, regularly installed in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer regardless of whether said compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism."

Also, in regards to informing an officer that you are a CCDW permit holder during a traffic stop, why wouldn't you? Rest assured, if I am pulled over, I will produce my driver's license, my CCDW permit, and let the officer know whether or not I'm carrying. I think that is a courtesy to the officer, and I have nothing to hide as a 100% legal permit holder, so why not? I don't want the officer to go back to the cruiser, run my numbers, and find that I am a CCDW permit holder...I don't want him making that walk back to my truck wondering why I didn't menion it, wondering if I have a gun in my hand, and wondering if I'm going to be one of the crazy idiots that shoots a police officer during a routine traffic stop. It's not about what you HAVE to do, it's about what you SHOULD do...I guess it's common sense to me. I promise that the officer will appreciate it. If I tell him that I have a 9mm in my right front pocket and he feels more confortable asking me to get out of the car and remove it from me until we are done, I have no problem with that. (Don't ever reach for it and hand it to them out the window - I'm sure they don't like that.) I carry a firearm for personal protection and am legally authorized to do so, end of story...not because of principle, not because I can, not because of ego, or not because of Dirty Harry syndrome. I don't need protecting when I have an officer standing at my truck window.

Gun control is a very debatable topic, but I think the current process for a permit is reasonable. Do I think it stops unauthorized concealed carry? No, that's laughable. But I do think it allows a guy like me who wants to do it legally a means for doing so within the law...but it comes with some responsibilities - like knowing the rules.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

There's no chance a pontoon boat could be mistaken for a rack with twin torpedoes attached is there? I mean they are completely out in the open in the water or on the trailer, and it takes me 2 motions to get to them, I have to put the truck in park (1), then open the truck door (2).

And what just dawned on me.......how many rude folks that ran over my planer boards, nearly rammed me, or waked me when I was trolling near the bank, that I have yelled obscenities to, or flipped off........that probably were in possession of a gun.

I think I might make a couple changes:
    a. PFD's will now all be made of kevlar: Prevent "shot" as well as "sank".
    b. Lable both pontoons: "INERT"
    c. Stop yelling at rude, dangerous people.
    d. Sell the boat and take up knitting.......do Grandma's carry MAC 10's?

Last quip:
    Lets get a count, how many that have responded to this post are:
    a. Cops: Well informed on law
    b. Lawyers: Well informed on law
    c. Judge, district, circuit, supreme etc: Well informed on law
    d. Neither A. or B. or C above: Pretty sure they know, or have been arrested before for not doing it right and so know better now.
    e. Just totally more confused now about the whole deal (like me).

THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL GET THE GUN OUT OF MY HAND, IS IF YOU PRY IT OPEN, AND STUFF A COLD BEER INTO IT (or at least offer one).

PS: Do the pointeee ends of the bullets go in first all the time, or just when you are shooting north? Do they go in the other way to shoot south?
    Last edited by HURRICANEBOB; 07-26-2009 at 11:53 PM. Reason: my wife caught me and made me take the bad words out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdenson View Post
    just wondering has anyone that hasnt been convicted of a felony ever got a ticket that they actually had to pay for a concealed weapon in the state of ky.
    not me personally but one of my close friends and they confinscated his pistol till he took the class..... thats no bs... police take concealed weapons very seriously....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HiDefFisherman View Post
    BttrBn,

That is almost word for word to what a sheriff's deputy told me. We we talking about it. He also added, the ammo must not be stored with the gun, and espeically not in the gun. He told me this was the only "LEGAL" way to transport a handgun. I seem to remember him adding a conceal carry license would allow me to have the weapon on me. I could easily be wrong about that.

What I really found interesting was this guy was telling me it is illegal to carry a handgun and ammo stored in the same area, even if it is your trunk.

Now I have to say this, I have no reason to believe this guy was telling me the truth, other than he was a sheriff's deputy. He was proud that he could carry a weapon, had one stuck in his holster, his belt (in the back) and I am guessing, I bet he had an ankle holster. Personally I got the feeling this guy would not let the "law" stop him from imposing his own justice, but at that I am just guessing.

HDF
    If you live in Indiana or travel to Indiana then what you are saying is true. In the state of Ky you can have your firearm cocked and loaded in your glove box without a CCDW. I just took my CCDW training 2 months ago by an Indiana cop and all of those questions were asked and answered. He was also a cop in Ky for quit some time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    It's not about what you HAVE to do, it's about what you SHOULD do...I guess it's common sense to me.
    AMEN splitshot... It is much harder to be the good example, than to follow a bad example.

Tight lines,

HDF

Post Thanks / Like

Guys there is a whole lot of mis-information on here. I have my CCWP permit and it does allow you to carry alot of places but not everywhere. For instance if you get caught with a weapon on any corp owned lake( Lake Cumberland or any other) It no longer falls under State law concerning the CCW permit You are now on Federal Property and You will go to Jail. It becomes a federal matter and it gets very serious it doesn't matter if you plead ignorance or not you will go to jail and pay a big fine. I suggest that before anybody takes info of this matter they need to research this matter fully. It is also not legal to have a weapon on a houseboat at Cumberland either. Now there are different rules when it comes to hunting season research those to. I do know that a concealed weapon is not legal anytime on a corp lake. I have researched this in great detail because I go to Cumberland alot and I don't want to go to jail or loose my right to carry concealed.

Post Thanks / Like

JD, take no offense, please, but I am so very glad I wasn't out on Dale while you and your friends were enjoying your 'Jack' and your high power weapons!!!

HDF

While there was plenty of drinking, especially of the kind from a mason jar, there was ABSOLUTELY no shooting and drinking.

FYI, that "beer only" store in Static, Tennessee does NOT sell "beer only"

Mr Splitshot, the legislation you are quoting has zero to do with OPEN CARRY. It has all to do with concealed carry and defines concealed carry, NOT OPEN CARRY.

Open carry is legal in KY.

Also guys, I dont duck hunt but a gun is a gun and there shouldnt be any difference then a duck hunter with his gun "concealed" in his gun locker on a boat as a fisherman with a hand gun in his locker. Hell if I was going to carry for defense any how, Id take a shotgun ANY DAY.

I take my CDW saturday, I will definately get a clear answer to this. I am intrigued regarding the laws of carry on corp property. I can imagine that can be a bit tricky.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    This is why conceal carry laws are TOTAL BULLCRAP......

16 posts, and 10 different answers...........The 2nd amendment gives me the RIGHT to carry a gun.......ANY GUN.......ANY TIME........and these conceal carry laws make it nearly impossible to UNDERSTAND what is legal and what is not.

I guess when a bad guy hold me up, or tries to rob me, or BREAKS into my house, or STEALS my car, I will point my finger at him and yell BANG.........I wonder if that will work.

Later,

Geo
    Geo if the bad guy does this ask to see his conceal carry permit I'm sure he will not have one and will put the gun away and leave you alone. This is much safer than shooting it out with your finger.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I hate to get into constitutional law, I am over my head, and will admit that. But let me add this. I understand the second admendment allows us to have weapons to protect ourselves from tyrinical government control. That being said, with the way the weapons have evolved, we should be allowed to have nuclear weapons, assault weapons, aircraft carriers, etc...

Just a thought,

HDF
    I think this is where Huricane Bob is headed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JD7.62 View Post
    Mr Splitshot, the legislation you are quoting has zero to do with OPEN CARRY. It has all to do with concealed carry and defines concealed carry, NOT OPEN CARRY.

Open carry is legal in KY.
    I didn't realize that Open Carry applied to inside a vehicle...you can lay a handgun on the passenger seat with the entire thing in plain view and it's considered legal because of the Open Carry Law? If so, I had no clue, so I'm the misinformed one then. LOL Ah, I reckon it wouldn't be the first time.