Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Foxes can really be annoying

I have been listening to a fox scream at night, 2-4 a.m., every morning for the last 2 weeks. I need some sleep. For those of you who have never heard a fox scream, yes, it is a real scream, I looked this up on YouTube:

Turn your volume way up, it is hard to hear in the beginning of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5muP...eature=related

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foxes can really be annoying

Heard a many of'em out of a tree stand in my day usually before daylight, can be quite hair raising if close by, lol. Do you have livestock, chickens, rabbits, anything like that? Not much you can really do, except maybe try to capture them with a large trap they make for them, or shoot'em if you can see them. They are elusive rascals for sure and very smart to.

Post Thanks / Like

We used to hear that quite a bit on the farm we hunted near Leitchfield. When we first heard it my father-in-law and I thought it was a bobcat. Very scary, especially when sitting in a treestand before daylight with nothing but a long bow, some wooden arrows and a knife.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite time to fish is at night and we always stop for a while at my favorite fishing hole. It's at a rock wall and at about the same time every night, 1:45 am, a fox comes right above us and sings his lonely song of love until just before daybreak. There is never an answer from another fox and we believe that it's one looking for a mate or a pack. We have been visiting that spot for the past three years and hear the fox almost every time we stop by. At first I thought it was a wildcat but it didn't take long for me to realize it was a fox. I wonder if it is one that was captured when it was small and raised by humans and then released into the wild. That's the only logical explanation I can come up with for it being the only fox in that area.

While I was on vacation at my other home, I went to a farm supply store and saw an animal repellent that repels a long list of wildlife. I was looking for something to repel armadillos and found it but it also repels deer, squirrel, raccoons, rattlesnakes and a long list of other animals. I didn't buy it because I didn't want to get rid of all the wildlife around my place. You may want to try and locate that product and see if it works on the fox; it doesn't kill them, it's just a repellent.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want I'll send Grandpa over,he was known to chase a fox or two around these parts

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...Blasingame.jpg

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by the_donger View Post
    I have been listening to a fox scream at night, 2-4 a.m., every morning for the last 2 weeks. I need some sleep. For those of you who have never heard a fox scream, yes, it is a real scream, I looked this up on YouTube:

[/url]
    ANSWER: Pay her!

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kyfanatic View Post
    If you want I'll send Grandpa over,he was known to chase a fox or two around these parts

I have the same problem....trying to tell foxes from dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

I nevr heard such a scream! That would make u jump if u heard it while in the woods.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I nevr heard such a scream! That would make u jump if u heard it while in the woods.
    It can be quite hair raising at times especially if it's close to you. Coyotes letting go within 50 yards of ya in black darkness will wake you up in the woods before daylight as well, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the_donger View Post

Turn your volume way up, it is hard to hear in the beginning of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5muP...eature=related
    i used to lose sleep because of a screaming fox..we got married had a baby...
    now the fox never screams and i sleep all i want..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    We used to hear that quite a bit on the farm we hunted near Leitchfield. When we first heard it my father-in-law and I thought it was a bobcat. Very scary, especially when sitting in a treestand before daylight with nothing but a long bow, some wooden arrows and a knife.
    oh... trying to resist an anti-hunting remark... I must resist, I must...

Oh heck, I can't. You feel threatened?? Think how those poor animals (deer.. turkeys) must feel when the arrow penetrates their hide. Aside from the great pain...

Oh wait, I fish.. isn't that a contradiction... yes, but no... I don't know. Scientist say a fish's mouth, when studied, don't show evidence of the nerve endings in thier mouthes to feel the pain... but they could be wrong.

Oh well, I have no real issue with anyone who hunts for food. Now the A-holes (who turned me against hunting in the first place) that left a huge Buck's carcass, sans its head-that had been removed-in the drive way of my house, when we lived on the farm, they should be shot. IMO

OK, no environmentalist here. Just a pyscho rant. LOL

tight lines,

HDF

Wow, I've said enough to deny that I said anything of importance. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kyfanatic View Post

Dagnabit, I was hoping for a different kind of fox hunt. LOL

Tight lines,

HDF