Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: thoughts on bass pros xps flouro??

I haven't tried the BPS Flouro but I will attest that I can't stand any of the Berkley or Stren Flouro's. Too many breakoffs and too much memory.

I use Vicious Flouro for everything except topwater and for that I use their copolymer. I used the 15-17lb Vicious Flouro for flipping all the time even this year when the water was up above the bushed on KY and Barkley. Never once broke off a fish and I set the hook super hard, just ask Kenny we both sent fish sailing this weekend while flipping on the river.

The key to breakoffs is to have you drag set right and check and retie your line often. If you haven't thrown Vicious check it out, its a lot cheaper and its made in the USA.

Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the BPS fluoro for a while. I have fished it (25lb) without breaking off for years. You might rethink the knot you use, I don't like a palomar for fluoro. I think if you compare the diameter of the BPS with that of the Vicious you will see that the diameter of the Vicious is more congruent with that of mono (much larger). I would suggest the 25lb BPS. A great line is the 25lb Abrazx (less memory, but expensive).

Post Thanks / Like

hmm.. on the vanish, i have been using the 12 lb. i liked it at first. could not break it even when i tried to break the line on a log. caught over a 5 lb bass on it also. then the next week i broke off on a small fish when it went behind a tree way too easy. then couldnt get a knot to hold worth a crap until i stripped about 20 yds off it. then its back to being like new again. this is all after using it for about 3 weeks. im thinhking the sun may have weakened it since when i stripped the top layer off and its fine again. not sure what to go to now though

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone listen..................don't buy vanish!!!!!!!! Even if they sell it at WalMart! It's garbage across the board..........you are not getting what you pay for!
    Last edited by Shimano4Life; 08-04-2009 at 09:47 PM. Reason: mis-spell

Post Thanks / Like

Its good line, maybe not the best but its real good line, and i would suggest it for pitchin. its more abrasion resistent than mono and your not gona have to retie anywhere near as much as with mono. I use 20lb and iv have had days pitchin into thick wood catchin lots of bass and i didnt even need to retie the whole day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shimano4Life View Post
    Everyone listen..................don't buy vanish!!!!!!!! Even if they sell it at WalMart! It's garbage across the board..........you are not getting what you pay for!
    Amen to that. dont think that flurocarbon isnt the real deal because you used vanish.. its trash

Post Thanks / Like

The only fluoro I use is Seaguar InvizX, nothing else. After a long research the only line I will not ever try is the Vanish. Research all the brands and reviews then opt what suits your style. I've caught 7-8 lbs bass on 6 lb test InvizX. Currently I use 6,8 10, 12 and 15 lbs InvizX. Amazing line.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about the flouro, but I am spooling Bass Pro XPS mono on reels in Alaska for Red Salmon. It is holding up almost as well as braided line. Red Salmon are terrors. If they get into current a 10 pound fish can break 25 pound test... so I had to use the heavier line here at the lodge on the Kenai. So far Fishermen 957 Red Salmon 322 and most of the Red Salmon wins have been bad hooking, or just snagged fish getting off the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Pro has changed its vendor for the XPS stuff and it has really changed a lot of opinions on the stuff... Everyone loved there Mono and Flouro until they switched to the new stuff this year and I have heard more complaints about it than I have in the past.. I work there and tend to buy BPS when I can with my discount and use it on just about any flouro application but I do really like the Seaguar Red Label line for the money I would get it over the InvizX but with any of the Seaguar Lines you won't go wrong... IMO...