Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Rush Limbaugh on Fishing Shows

I am an avid Limbaugh Listener and part fan. However today while talking about air heads and people without knowledge, he talked about folks watching American Idol 2 times a week and then said.."They ought to stop watching those fishing shows as well".

I would like to inundate Rush with some email to the point that fishing is not only good for the economy, but by teaching a man to fish rather than giving him a fish you feed him for a lifetime. Encouraging travel, and fishing expenditures helps the economy. It is not a well publicized fact but Bass Pro Shops and many tackle stores are seeing increased sales at a time when the rest of the industry is not. Fishing and Hunting Businesses outside the travel industry venue, are doing fairly well considering the economy. However tourism, lodges and destinations like Alaska are suffering from this economy.

So Please contact RushLimbaugh at rushinahurry@rushlimbaugh.com,
    If you want just send him a copy of my email. We need to make Rush see hunters and fishermen for what they are. Responsible, productive and industrious members of society even those of us who watch fishing shows.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rush Limbaugh on Fishing Shows

Fishbum,

While I agree with you 100% on what you say about fishing, I couldn't give a frog's fat butt what Rush thinks of us. Listen to Neal Boortz if you want some hard hitting, painful truth. And while Neal also denegrates the American Idol worshipper, never once have I heard him say a bad word about hunting or fishing.

JW

Post Thanks / Like

I was listening to Rush this morning when he made the remark and I don't think he meant anything by it. It was just an offhand remark and he happened to pick fishing shows. He easily could have said bowling shows. As a matter of fact I have just about stopped watching fishing shows. The only ones I can get are on Sat morning on ESPN and they have screwed fishing shows up so much they are not worth watching. Unless you happen to like Charlie Moore. So come on guys, cut Rush some slack.........

Post Thanks / Like

Don't pay any attention to him he was probably just high...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure Rush wasn't being too serious. No one fights for personal freedoms and individual's rights more than Rush Limbaugh. If you value your rights to fish and hunt, drive an SUV or truck, own a boat or gun and do what you as an American enjoy, then you better listen to Rush. The government is continuously trying to take these personal freedoms away from you especially under the current administration. You need to be aware of what is happening.

Post Thanks / Like

Well said ectfishin... Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but Rush lost all credibility when he had to go into rehab. Sorry, but after giving druggies hell then becoming one, he is an absolute joke. Don't be bamboozled. Boortz is more for personal freedom and liberty than Rush or any of the so-called Republicans/conservatives in power. www.fairtax.org

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Rush Limbaugh on Fishing Shows

Amen etcfishin, couldn't agree with you more...well said!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverIsBiting View Post
    Sorry, but Rush lost all credibility when he had to go into rehab. Sorry, but after giving druggies hell then becoming one, he is an absolute joke. Don't be bamboozled. Boortz is more for personal freedom and liberty than Rush or any of the so-called Republicans/conservatives in power. www.fairtax.org
    Whateverisbiting,
    I respect your opinion on Rush and sounds like you and I are on the same side anyway. I just figure the guy deserves one screwup after nearly 20 years unlike our politicians who screw up daily.
    Thanks!

"Once you go government, you never go back."

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't hear the show but I wouldn't take it any other way than a joke. I would cut the guy some slack for his mistakes since we all make them.

Heck, we are asked to forgive the Kennedys, Clintons, Gores and Obamas all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

The former Archbishop of Louisville also became addicted to pain killers after surgery.
    My point is that it is an easy addiction that is often inflicted upon a person who would normally NOT get addicted if not for the surgery requiring them.
    To say he lost credibility for being human is to say he has no right to speak at all.

As for the off hand remark, I agree, however, I have a selfish motive. I want to draw attention to a sport Mr. Limbaugh does not partake of. He is an avid golfer, and does not fish or hunt while he DOES express our rights to do so on a daily basis. It is all about perception. Get Limbaugh on fishing and he will stay on our side and with Peta and Obama in the White House getting more and more liberal it is time to stand up and make the sport more visible.

Yes Limbaugh was making an off hand remark, but to call fishing programs, ALL of them like American Idol is not in the best interest of the sport and Limbaugh of all people should not be doing it. It makes it harder to get people to listen to us when it is time for money to be disbursed, or when we look for new taxes to help our sport. Failure to act when someone of Rush's caliber makes us irrelevant is to fall down the pit into irrelevancy.
    Jim Dicken
    Just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

come on guys. rush is on your side. rush is a blow hard but there is a lot of merit and common sense it what he says, (everything he says) i think if you listen to it all, you would hear between the lines that you should be out there fishing and not spending your time watching the shows. i would bet my boat that rush does think fishermen have a strong place in society. And as far as credibilty because of rehap............ i really think you should revisit that comment. there is a difference is being druggie and having to live with pain. if you haven't ever had pain or a family member not being able to get out of bed because of pain then consider yourself lucky. i have seen what it's like to hurt so bad that family members have to stop trying to walk and wipe away tears.>>>>>>>>>> so yes i can see how someone could be dependent on prescriped medicine. but maybe i have just been bamboozled...