Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Selling my boat to get a bass tracker.

Check out my post in the sell it section. i'm selling my boat to get a bass tracker. This boat is truly a great lake ready fishing rig. If you need a boat or know someone who needs a great lake ready fishing rig this is it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Selling my boat to get a bass tracker.

If you are buying a new bass tracker you might want to ask about the guides for the trailer......I bought a new 170TX last year and it can be a b***H to load......it doesn't seem to want to center on the bunks....I had a glass boat before and all you had to do was aim the thing at the trailer and it would find the right spot.....basstracker needs to include the guides with their trailers.

Post Thanks / Like

I never had trouble with my Tracker as long as I didn't put too much of the trailer in the water...I'd keep the fenders above the water line, with just enough of the trailer/bunks in the water to get it started, then power it up with the motor...worked much better and centered it most every time...occasionally would need a bump or two at the top of the ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a tracker it is pt 185 2001, the older it gets the more it hits the trailer no matter if it is on a slight incline or on a steep incline it will hit so buyer beware.

Post Thanks / Like

I have learned that works better also....just enough bunk in the water to get it started but it still gets off to one side quite a bit and I have to back down and try again......I am going to put some guides on it and hope that helps as soon as I find some somewhere....I can order some from Basspro I think but not sure what I really need......might hafta put my redneck skills to work and make some eh.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    I never had trouble with my Tracker as long as I didn't put too much of the trailer in the water...I'd keep the fenders above the water line, with just enough of the trailer/bunks in the water to get it started, then power it up with the motor...worked much better and centered it most every time...occasionally would need a bump or two at the top of the ramp.