Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

your squirt gun could lead to violence

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is ridiculous. They had a toy exchange where kids could turn in their toy gun for a more peaceful toy.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1639133.html

Post Thanks / Like

Re: your squirt gun could lead to violence

When our son was 2 or 3 my wife didn't think he should have toy guns. One day he came into the room and had eaten a pop tart into the shape of a gun and was going "bang, bang." We got him a toy gun.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely absurd! Let's take a poll.

How many of you fellas played Cops and Robbers, or Cowboys and Indians when you were little shooting each other. Doing the dieing thing as dramatic as you could.

Society has gone to Hell in a Hand Basket. We all new the dangers of guns when we were little because we were taught to shoot them and respect them. Most of us grew up hunting and I never heard of school shootings when I was coming up. Hmmmm which way was working the best??????????
    Last edited by mhall; 08-12-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was in High School (in PA) we had a shooting range in the basement of the school. You could opt to take riflery in gym class and shoot 22's. They taught gun safety first, if you passed, you got to shoot. I see no problems with learning about guns. Best to learn the right way and to repect the safety issues so no one gets hurt.

Lexington had a gun buy back a number of years ago. I supported it by selling them my single shot 12 gauge. They gave me more than I had paid for the guy 10 years earlier. I used the money to up grade to a pump action 12 gauge

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    When I was in High School (in PA) we had a shooting range in the basement of the school. You could opt to take riflery in gym class and shoot 22's. They taught gun safety first, if you passed, you got to shoot. I see no problems with learning about guns. Best to learn the right way and to repect the safety issues so no one gets hurt.

Lexington had a gun buy back a number of years ago. I supported it by selling them my single shot 12 gauge. They gave me more than I had paid for the guy 10 years earlier. I used the money to up grade to a pump action 12 gauge

Andrew
    Best way to take advantage of the system lol. I always wondered why, when they have these gun buy backs, they never get any AK's, AR or any high quality firearms? All they get is a single shot .410 with duct tape on the stock.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Absolutely absurd! Let's take a poll.

How many of you fellas played Cops and Robbers, or Cowboys and Indians when you were little shooting each other. Doing the dieing thing as dramatic as you could.

Society has gone to Hell in a Hand Basket. We all new the dangers of guns when we were little because we were taught to shoot them and respect them. Most of us grew up hunting and I never heard of school shootings when I was coming up. Hmmmm which way was working the best??????????
    Learned about guns with my dad and friends, We played all kinds of cops and robbers and cowboy and indian games as well.

Had a shooting range at my high school that we used in ROTC as well. These special interests smart folks are really mugging the pooch on this stuff.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Best way to take advantage of the system lol. I always wondered why, when they have these gun buy backs, they never get any AK's, AR or any high quality firearms? All they get is a single shot .410 with duct tape on the stock.

I was gonna try to take my Tow anti-tank missile system to the buy back. But I was afraid they would ask embarrsing questions. I've decided to keep it cause I can take out boom-box rap cars at the Walmart 1.3 miles away from my front yard.......