Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: views on ky deer managment

Quote Originally Posted by kyfanatic View Post
    For the record I practice QDM on my place,but who am I to tell somebody else what they can or cannot shoot as long as it's legal? Fact is a huge percentage of deer hunters only want the meat in the freezer,which does and young deer are the best eating,but if the only deer they get a chance to kill is a 4 point buck so be it.Not everybody has the ego big rack on the wall thing going,although I have killed several big bucks in my life,I would enjoy watching a youngster kill a little buck as much or more than if I killed a B&C buck.
    Another for the record,as a family we usually catch and release all types of fish except a couple times a year for a family fish fry,If I want to keep a bass as long as it's legal ,I will,the regs guide my behavior along with a little bit of sportsman's ethics,not the consensus opinion of Tourney Bass Fisherman.
    The whole problem these days is everyone is more concerned about what somebody else is doing and how they can better their chances instead of how they are behaving.
    I never said anything was wrong with people shooting little bucks! If thats all they want or can get, good for them. I said I wouldn't . And yes I am a bowhunter and a gunhunter and for the record aint no body crying like you previouse mentioned! I (myself) would rather shot any deer with my bow then with a gun. If more people shot more does then the deer accident rate would drop. Cause I beleave there are more does that gets hit then bucks do.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Russman, I don't shoot little bucks either,if you exclude the couple button bucks I mistook for does.I was wondering though,you said you won't shoot a buck that scores less than 125",how do yopu get them to stand still while you measure them? J/K

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Russman, I don't shoot little bucks either,if you exclude the couple button bucks I mistook for does.I was wondering though,you said you won't shoot a buck that scores less than 125",how do yopu get them to stand still while you measure them? J/K
    I haven't figured that part out yet, I guess that's why I haven't killed one that big.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ironhead70 View Post
    what or some of the ideas that u think will help the deer managament

i think everone should have to take a doe first in order to get a buck tag
    what do u think
    i bust my butt to kill some good bucks every year, its hard work on public land. if a guy kills a little buck and beats his chest about it then thats his trophy. we should have more trophy areas and the guy who wants a trophy spike can hunt an area that allows it and he can fill his living room up with mounts of spikes and forkies and invite his huntin buddies over for wine coolers.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: views on ky deer management

Quote Originally Posted by barkleyhawggitter View Post
    i bust my butt to kill some good bucks every year, its hard work on public land. if a guy kills a little buck and beats his chest about it then thats his trophy. we should have more trophy areas and the guy who wants a trophy spike can hunt an area that allows it and he can fill his living room up with mounts of spikes and forkies and invite his huntin buddies over for wine coolers.
    so what ur sayin is that we need more places that u can not take a buck if i aint a certain size right

Post Thanks / Like

yes more trophy only areas so you can go somewhere and eat all the spikes.

Post Thanks / Like

spikes grow up to and i would like to c more trophy places to not just outfitters but u can only grow trophy deer if u got land. deer dont stick around and if u let one pass so it can grow up the kid next door puts it on the wall 2 sq miles is a lot of neighbors to try to get a good managment system down. not alot of people will agree with taking a doe first and that will be the trophy hunters and it will never happen i would like to see more people take more does, it would make a big differnce on growing bigger bucks

Post Thanks / Like

Basically what I'm getting from your post is,that you don't own,keep up,or pay for any land of your own,excluding the small percentage of the $100 a year you spend on License and Tags that goes toward public land just like the rest of us,even though some of us don't have to spend this money,Yet,you want to control what can an cannot be killed everywhere?
    Some of us don't have to brag about what we kill nomatter how big it is,ego is your worst enemy,do you drive a hummer too?

Post Thanks / Like

no hummer for me, just enjoy killin big deer. just like catchin big bass, would rather catch 6 pounder than 6 ouncer. dont want to control what you kill just want more opportunity for those of us who have the skill and determination to take trophy class animals. spike areas dominate the landscape maybe just 20 percent of the land should be trophy area that seems fair. you can kill 80% of the spikes and let the rest of us have a small area to get something better.

Post Thanks / Like

no hummer for me, just enjoy killin big deer. just like catchin big bass, would rather catch 6 pounder than 6 ouncer. dont want to control what you kill just want more opportunity for those of us who have the skill and determination to take trophy class animals. spike areas dominate the landscape maybe just 20 percent of the land should be trophy area that seems fair. you can kill 80% of the spikes and let the rest of us have a small area to get something better.
    I see,you are so skilled .How many times are you listed in the Boone and Crockett or Pope and Young registry?
    I think if you'll look there is a large percentage of Public Land already under Antler size restriction.
    You might be surprised at some of those "Spikes" I've killed.

Post Thanks / Like

dont want to control what you kill just want more opportunity for those of us who have the skill and determination to take trophy class animals.
    Skill and determination huh. Here is a skill for you, come hunt Taylorsville Lake WMA during bow season and try to take a doe. Here is the deal though, you have to use a longbow and wooden arrows you built yourself. That is the way I do it, so it should be the only way anyone is allowed to do it.

See how silly that sounds?

Post Thanks / Like

I see,you are so skilled .How many times are you listed in the Boone and Crockett or Pope and Young registry?
    I think if you'll look there is a large percentage of Public Land already under Antler size restriction.
    You might be surprised at some of those "Spikes" I've killed.
    look who's got the ego now.