Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Please read: inappropriate post="Deleted Post"

A little common sense here please. Any post that does not follow the rules of the board be deleted automatically. If you think your post may be on the edge of what is allowed then you assume the risk of your post being deleted. Your choice.

Peter's simplified rules:
    1) If you wouldn't say it out loud so those around you could hear what you say at a resturaunt, ball game or any other public place in any part of the country it is not allowed.
    2) If your mother would not like it it is not allowed.

See more detailed rules elsewhere on site.

The moderators and I don't have time for inappriate posts.

Commmon sense please.

Peter
    Last edited by peter; 08-20-2009 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Too harsh and maybe taken the wrong way.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please read: inappropriate post=Banned User

Did I miss something?? Peter I have no issues at all with your rules. But for reference could you say which post was over the line, I must have missed something and I'm curious.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious too, was it me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious as well. What happened?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm logged on so apparently it wasn't me (not this time anyway, I've been guilty in the past)...It probably had to do with the Pitino thread, I noticed it got deleted pretty quickly at some point yesterday...or at least I think it was deleted anyway. That Pitino news is some touchy stuff that other websites and their monitors are watching closely as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm assuming it was the Pitino thread as well...saw that it got deleted yesterday pretty quick. I never questioned it, because I'm sure the mods had good reason to axe it.

I hope that it was nothing I said. I was definitely poking fun (we do a lot of that around here, you know), but did not intend to step over a line. If I did, my apologies for it. Would hope that the offender who crossed the line got addressed in a PM...

Post Thanks / Like

im not sure if it was my post or not, but it wasnt long after i posted that it was deleted. im not apologizing for what i said, but if its my fault it got deleted, i am sorry for that. i know im not well liked on this site because of an earlier disagreement, but i still enjoy reading everyones opinions and ideas. its better than reading the paper or watching the news. later

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the one who started the thread. I sent peter an email when I noticed the thread got deleted. I told him I wasn't trying to start anything on here just wanted to know evryone's thoughts of what might happen to him. After reading the rules of what to say, not to say, it was probably not a good idea to post something like that.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Rules? Really? Guess I better read that someday, soon. Man, I feel so vindicated knowing I could have been axed and never got far enough afield to get wacked. And I thought I was being pretty rowdy.

No complaints with the rules from this guy. Given the weird stuff I write, and I've never been axed, seems like the rules must be exceptionally fair and tolerant.

Thanks Peter for being fair and tolerant! P.S. Can you give my wife lessons on that?

Post Thanks / Like

Several questions down the post so I'll reply to my own in an attempt to answer them all. No post I read in particular was the cause for my sticky regarding being banned. This one topic takes a lot of time to moderate so if you watch yourself then we won't have to watch you. Andrew aka apb thought I was a little harsh with the banning so I reduced the ban time from 30 days to 7 days. I was specifically dealing with the off topic board. Hope that's a little clearer than mud and you understand the time constraints on the moderators.

Common sense is the target.

Thanks

Peter

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Please read: inappropriate post=Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lil skeeter View Post
    im not sure if it was my post or not, but it wasnt long after i posted that it was deleted. im not apologizing for what i said, but if its my fault it got deleted, i am sorry for that. i know im not well liked on this site because of an earlier disagreement, but i still enjoy reading everyones opinions and ideas. its better than reading the paper or watching the news. later
    skeeter, nobody on here holds a grudge that I know of. It's all good brother, we can bicker and even get riled up once and awhile, then we'll get over it fast and go fishing.

Also to Peter, I thought last night it must have been that thread that caused it as it disappeared and I finally noticed it gone, duh. Your rules are quite fair and besides that this is your site and we are free guest users, nough said.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me clear this up a little for you folks. First of all, I communicated with Peter to let him know I would no longer moderate this board (Off Topics). I have a number of reasons, not the least that it take more time to moderate this board than it does the whole rest of the site put together. Rarely is there a day on this board that someone has not posted something over the top and has to be deleted in accordance with the rules.

FYI: I deleted the Pitino post...what started out to be just a rehash of what is in the press turned into a thread full of posts that had name calling, foul languange and slanderous remarks. As for you Lil Skeeter...I did not even get so far as reading your post when I deleted the thread because some of the posts prior to yours was so far over the top, I did not need to read anymore.

Peter put up this post basically to remind you folks of the rules and give you a chance to straighten up your act. I believe he is being more than fair with this board which reflects everything I have ever seen from him over the years.

Peter owns this site and allows you to come in here to join the site as a member. You must remember this site is a business and the basic premis of this site is fishing and is familiy oriented. When you sign up to be a member, you have agreed to abide by the rules. Your membership here is a privilege, not a right, displaying your posts here is a privilege given to you by Peter, not your right to post anything that you please.

Anyway, just thought I would clear up your questions as best I could. I will no longer be moderating the "Off Topics" board. I will still be on the fishing related boards as that is where I belong anyway, fishing is my specialty, not politics. If I wanted to moderate a political board I would be on a politically oriented site, not a fishing site.

I would ask that you folks on this board assist Peter by moderating yourselves and applying his simple rules above.