Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Reply From O-bomb-us

Well I finally got a letter from President O-bomb-us, so at least he is one up on Clinton who never answered any of my letters.

The trouble is I am not sure which of my three letters or thee emails (which requested a repy) he is actually replying to. He starts out saying: "Thank you for contacting me. . . . . I appreciate your perspective." The letter goes on for two paragraphs explaining how important it is for Heath Care Reform to pass soon. Another paragraph touts his accomplishments since taking office, i.e., Obamacare, Children's Health Care, and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, which will compterize medical records.

Finally, he says: "I share your sense of urgency. . .", which makes it apparent that the staffer who selected the reply from the stock replies really didn't read my letter beyond seeing that it was about Obama Care. Thus I wonder which column got the tickmark, the one for or the one against Obama Care.

Oh well, at least I tried.

Grumpy
    Last edited by Grumpy; 08-18-2009 at 09:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reply From O-bomb-us

I haven't heard back from Mitch! I'm sure I will...You better watch it Grumpy you might end up on their hit list of people not agreeing with them.

Post Thanks / Like

A president took the time to have a staffer answer your question. Bet that dont happen often. You kinda liking this guy now?

Post Thanks / Like

SlippedCork, you have got to be kidding. "A president took the time to have a staffer answer your question. I bet that doesn't happen to often." Every politician has staffers in their offices that don't do anything but answer mail.

I have written letters to every President since and including Dwight D. Eisenhower and I have written to all most all of my Senators and Congressmen during that same time. I have visited the local offices of several Congressmen and Senatores and I have seen firsthand how constituent correspondence is handled, always by staffers. That is their job!! They are supposed to read the letter (or email today), make a tick mark whether the person is for or against a particular topic; prepare a rely (either individually or computer generated); and use a auto-pen or an ink stamp to sign the letter, then mail it. Unless there is something unusual, the politician never sees the mail, the staffers just inform them periodically what there are getting.

The vast majority of Americans don't vote, much less take the time to write their Representatives, Senators or President; therefore, the politicians, depending on the topic, assume that for every letter or email they do get, there are X number of other people that feel the same way.

If more people took the time to vote AND INFORM THE POLITICIANS OF WHAT THEY WANT OR DON'T WANT, we wouldn't be in the trouble we are now.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Well I finally got a letter from President O-bomb-us, so at least he is one up on Clinton who never answered any of my letters.

The trouble is I am not sure which of my three letters or thee emails (which requested a repy) he is actually replying to. He starts out saying: "Thank you for contacting me. . . . . I appreciate your perspective." The letter goes on for two paragraphs explaining how important it is for Heath Care Reform to pass soon. Another paragraph touts his accomplishments since taking office, i.e., Obamacare, Children's Health Care, and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, which will compterize medical records.

Finally, he says: "I share your sense of urgency. . .", which makes it apparent that the staffer who selected the reply from the stock replies really didn't read my letter beyond seeing that it was about Obama Care. Thus I wonder which column got the tickmark, the one for or the one against Obama Care.

Oh well, at least I tried.

Grumpy
    The White House is sitting on "ready" with that stockpile of form letters, neatly divided into categories. Who knows, Grumpy, you may be one of the first to receive a hard copy of their email that was in the news recently. It is supposed to be sent in retaliation for all those "forward" emails portraying Obama's Health Care Reform as a bad idea. It asks the receiver to forward it to everyone they know.

I'm giving notice now that if they are dumb enough to "forward" me one of their emails, I'm dumb enough to hit "reply" and send it right back to them.

I'm feeling naughty about this health care crap because my best friend died last Monday. He didn't have health care, he didn't have cash, and was denied Medicaid; he could not afford insurance or regular health checkups. His wife died in an auto accident last year and it seemed as if that was the day he really died, he just didn't stop breathing. It was taking a lot of his small income to make payments on her funeral and he was really short on cash. I visited him a few weeks ago and he had an occasional cough but it didn't seem to be major; just a hack now and then. Two weeks ago he got pneumonia and was taken to the hospital. X-rays revealed both lungs were filled with tumors, lung cancer, and he was dead within 5 days. I have a lot of questions and wonder why illegal immigrants can get medical care but my best bud, an American citizen could not. He paid taxes all his life and, in the end, HE didn't matter....now he is dead. There, but for the grace of God, go you and I. I've wondered a thousand times, "Why? How did this nation get so far off course?"

Grumpy, I hope you at least put a little bit of poop in their comfortable nest. Maybe if there is enough from everyone else, Obama will get the idea that we're not happy with the way things are going.

Post Thanks / Like

Brett Guthrie anwers me allthe time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post
    The White House is sitting on "ready" with that stockpile of form letters, neatly divided into categories. Who knows, Grumpy, you may be one of the first to receive a hard copy of their email that was in the news recently. It is supposed to be sent in retaliation for all those "forward" emails portraying Obama's Health Care Reform as a bad idea. It asks the receiver to forward it to everyone they know.

I'm giving notice now that if they are dumb enough to "forward" me one of their emails, I'm dumb enough to hit "reply" and send it right back to them.

I'm feeling naughty about this health care crap because my best friend died last Monday. He didn't have health care, he didn't have cash, and was denied Medicaid; he could not afford insurance or regular health checkups. His wife died in an auto accident last year and it seemed as if that was the day he really died, he just didn't stop breathing. It was taking a lot of his small income to make payments on her funeral and he was really short on cash. I visited him a few weeks ago and he had an occasional cough but it didn't seem to be major; just a hack now and then. Two weeks ago he got pneumonia and was taken to the hospital. X-rays revealed both lungs were filled with tumors, lung cancer, and he was dead within 5 days. I have a lot of questions and wonder why illegal immigrants can get medical care but my best bud, an American citizen could not. He paid taxes all his life and, in the end, HE didn't matter....now he is dead. There, but for the grace of God, go you and I. I've wondered a thousand times, "Why? How did this nation get so far off course?"

Grumpy, I hope you at least put a little bit of poop in their comfortable nest. Maybe if there is enough from everyone else, Obama will get the idea that we're not happy with the way things are going.
    Bug,
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It's sad...and to hear it put the way you said about illegals makes it even worse. I have complained and maintained to our reps that I feel that the illegals are one of the two causes of our medical problems today with the other being lawsuits. Fix those problems and leave the majority of the present system alone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    SlippedCork, you have got to be kidding. "A president took the time to have a staffer answer your question. I bet that doesn't happen to often." Every politician has staffers in their offices that don't do anything but answer mail.

I have written letters to every President since and including Dwight D. Eisenhower and I have written to all most all of my Senators and Congressmen during that same time. I have visited the local offices of several Congressmen and Senatores and I have seen firsthand how constituent correspondence is handled, always by staffers. That is their job!! They are supposed to read the letter (or email today), make a tick mark whether the person is for or against a particular topic; prepare a rely (either individually or computer generated); and use a auto-pen or an ink stamp to sign the letter, then mail it. Unless there is something unusual, the politician never sees the mail, the staffers just inform them periodically what there are getting.

The vast majority of Americans don't vote, much less take the time to write their Representatives, Senators or President; therefore, the politicians, depending on the topic, assume that for every letter or email they do get, there are X number of other people that feel the same way.

If more people took the time to vote AND INFORM THE POLITICIANS OF WHAT THEY WANT OR DON'T WANT, we wouldn't be in the trouble we are now.

Grumpy
    I have never sent communications to the President,but have sent letters and emails to every Representative and Senator in Kentucky,both State and United States.
    Mitch McConnell's office and a couple state reps that were not in my district were the only ones to ever reply.In the past I owned a small Corp that donated to election funds of a few state politicians that always made personal attempts to humor me,one being a former Governor and some members of his staff that I knew personally from local politics.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

I can't even get my wife to answer me. Maybe I'll write to Mr Obama and ask him to talk to her.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    I can't even get my wife to answer me. Maybe I'll write to Mr Obama and ask him to talk to her.
    I'll bet if you brought home one of those "CraigsList" girls she'd have plenty to say.Maybe Pitino will let you have Karen Sypher?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kyfanatic View Post
    Maybe Pitino will let you have Karen Sypher?

Nah, the federal pen for women is going to be Ms. Sypher's residence soon.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kyfanatic View Post
    I'll bet if you brought home one of those "CraigsList" girls she'd have plenty to say.Maybe Pitino will let you have Karen Sypher?
    "CraigsList"? Where do you think this one came from? She'd probably be renewing a friendship if I did. :-)