Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

tell me what you think !

you tournament guy's & gal's , over the winter I am going to lobby are club to allow trailering to are fishing spots, on lakes like Kentucky & Barkley, I don't see a down side to it! so tell me what you think PROS & CONN'S

thanks in advance

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Re: tell me what you think !

Our club just started allowing this, this year. I think it is a smart and safe way if you are wanting to travel long distances by water to fish different areas. Some good points are weather and winter pool.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good but the thing that can ruin it is the perception of cheating. Of course if everyone trusts eachother then thats not an issue.

How would you handle traffic holdups?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Sounds good but the thing that can ruin it is the perception of cheating. Of course if everyone trusts eachother then thats not an issue.

How would you handle traffic holdups?

yah DJD if someone is going to cheat they do it from their boat, and if they don't get their chip in the bucket on time they would get DQed

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of the clubs that fish down here on Ky/Barkley now allow trailering and I think it is a great thing from a safety standpoint and levels the playing field for folks with smaller boats vs big boats. Allowing folks to trailer their boat also opens up a lot more fishing area to all the anglers. I would however think about specifying that if anyone gets a speeding ticket while trailering during the tournament hours that they would be disqualified. We don't need folks speeding up and down these two lane roads here trying to make it back to a weigh-in...traffic holdups would be no different than being held up at a lock if locking thru on a river....that is a chance you take.

Post Thanks / Like

what is trailering????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Bozarth View Post
    what is trailering????
    Do you have a opinion ???? or do you just go around to all the boards and correct peoples grammar ???? LOL

Post Thanks / Like

what is it.. i dont know what he is talking about... Is it dragging a worm or bait behind the boat while ur idleing?

Post Thanks / Like

Its starting a tournament(say like)at walmart and you go too the ramp of your choice and then the weigh in is at ramp the director has picked.

Post Thanks / Like

The only way to eliminate all perception of cheating is to have a tournament official at the ramp and have them check the boats as they are launched and as they are loaded out to go to weigh in. I havefished in circuits that allow 2 ramps one at the upper end of a lake and one at the lower. An official is there when we launch and then have an official there at a designated time, usually midday in case someone wants to switch ends. They ask them how many fish they have and document it then they are allowed to go relaunch at the other ramp. They also give us a time limit to make the trip to the other ramp....I suppose to keep you from stopping at your nieghbors pond!

Post Thanks / Like

well guys hears how I see it working in our club, Our tournament is out of Kuttawa @ 7:00am and the chip has to be in the bucket @ 4:00 and say I want to fish Little River, I leave my boat on the trailer and when my number is called I leave and trailer my self and my partner to a ramp of my choosing, and I would have my chip in the bucket on or before 4:00. As I said before a person can cheat from a boat as well, if someone is going to cheat they will find a way. And Jordan I hope I made it clear what I was meaning.

Post Thanks / Like

If someone is going to cheat..they will figure out a way...on or off the water and no amount of checks is going to stop it short of having a polygraph at every weigh-in. If I were in a club, I would hope they were more interested in seeing that folks were safe and having a good time, that the fish brought in were properly cared for both on the water and at the weigh-in.