Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Reel Recovery Fundraiser

Alright guys we are going to have another fund raiser at Rough River on Sept. 12th. Safe light to 3:30 Louisville time. This fund raiser however is not for the club but is for a organization called reel recovery. The company approached us early in the year asking for help to support their cancer foundation and we have decided on having a tournament to raise money for their retreat this year. For those of you that have never heard of the company I have posted a link to the website at the bottom of the post and I highly recommend you check this out. Reel Recovery has a retreat for men that have either battled cancer or are in the process that enables them to get out and have a good time while trying to keep their minds off of the burdens that the cancer has brought upon them. We feel that helping the organization raise money this year will enable them to provide their participants with everything they could possibly need to make this retreat as enjoyable as possible.

As far as the tournament goes... We are working hard to have media coverage at the event and I do believe it is going to happen from the emails that we have been receiving from the company. We recently had a teammate on Tim Farmers radio show briefly describing what is going on and hope to be on the Denny and Joe B show shortly.. We have a goal of having close to 30 boats and are planning on having a $100 boat entry fee and paying out 60% for 1st 2nd and 3rd place finishers and giving the reel recovery organization 40%. If we are able to pull more boats then we will obviously pay out more spots.

What are your alls thoughts on this? And do you think we could get 30 boats with an entry fee of $100? We have never gone over $60 dollars but was hoping we could pull more people for the cause... There will be door prizes from most of our sponsors (A2O, Slongs Fishing Lures and a lot of reel recovery things.. Hats and T-shirts I do believe) that we will be raffleing as well and will have hotdogs and drinks for everyone that attends... Give me some input guys!

http://www.reelrecovery.org/

I now have the entry forms so if anyone is interested let me know asap and I can get you one...

http://www.fishin.com/forums2/images/buttons/quote.gif

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reel Recovery Fundraiser

do u have to be in club or anything

Post Thanks / Like

i think i will be ther... u should be able to get 30 boats

Post Thanks / Like

That would be awesome if we could!!! No club membership needed if you want a entry form I will send you one if you give me your email... Thank you!!!

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to remind everyone that the tournament is coming up this Saturday and it looks like this is going to be our biggest tournament yet... I hope we can pull some more people in the next couple of days and we should get 10-20 if not more enter the day of the tournament.. If you have any questions be sure to shoot me a PM and we can get everything squared away! Thanks again for the support...

Cole