Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have a Dixie Chopper Mower?

I bought mine new in 02 and until recently it mowed perfectly. Somehow it is cutting deeper on one side now. I leveled the deck with a level and its worse. I measured each side to be even and still have the trouble. I tried adjusting the air pressure on the back tires and that has little effect. I can adjust it to mow fairly level but its almost an inch off from one side to the other. My blades appear to be straight, im at a loss. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone have a Dixie Chopper Mower?

Try contacting them:
    http://dixiechopper.com/contact

Post Thanks / Like

Man when you find out let me know. I've got the exact same problem, except with a Cub Cadet rider. I've done the same things you have. My solution was to let the air out of one of the tires on one side and then adjust the deck all the way down on the same side as the flatter tire. Then I put 3 new blades on. Looks ok if you mow on level 2 but it's still not level!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slippedcork View Post
    I bought mine new in 02 and until recently it mowed perfectly. Somehow it is cutting deeper on one side now. I leveled the deck with a level and its worse. I measured each side to be even and still have the trouble. I tried adjusting the air pressure on the back tires and that has little effect. I can adjust it to mow fairly level but its almost an inch off from one side to the other. My blades appear to be straight, im at a loss. Any suggestions?
    There are several conditions that can cause a mower to cut unevenly. Low tires, deck adjustment, a bent blade, bearings worn on the shaft that the blade is attached to. Since you checked deck adjustment remove the blades and check them out. A small bend will cause a big difference in performance. While removing the blades check for play in the shaft that could indicate a worn bearing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom523 View Post
    There are several conditions that can cause a mower to cut unevenly. Low tires, deck adjustment, a bent blade, bearings worn on the shaft that the blade is attached to. Since you checked deck adjustment remove the blades and check them out. A small bend will cause a big difference in performance. While removing the blades check for play in the shaft that could indicate a worn bearing.
    I figured it out! I took my blades off and sharpened them and forgot to put a 1/2 inch spacer back on one blade. Dont know how I could even get it to cut fairly even without that spacer on 1 of 3 blades. Got it going perfectly now and I can continue to throw my cuttings on my neighbors yard. She is a republican and cant stand it. Tom, could you please change your avatar? Thought I met you last nite at the Journey concert. Please tell me you wasnt there!

Post Thanks / Like

I figured it out! I took my blades off and sharpened them and forgot to put a 1/2 inch spacer back on one blade. Dont know how I could even get it to cut fairly even without that spacer on 1 of 3 blades. Got it going perfectly now and I can continue to throw my cuttings on my neighbors yard. She is a republican and cant stand it. Tom, could you please change your avatar? Thought I met you last nite at the Journey concert. Please tell me you wasnt there!
    Great Concert wasn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey man I knew you had a screw loose but wasn't aware of missing parts.... This explains allot...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Hey man I knew you had a screw loose but wasn't aware of missing parts.... This explains allot...
    Zing!

Almost made me post one of those effeminate little emoticons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    Zing!

Almost made me post one of those effeminate little emoticons.
    I would respond but I dont know what a ( effeminate or emoticons) is.