Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attention

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Attention

Quote Originally Posted by fcfishman View Post
    Bought me a Thermocell and used it this weekend for the first time. Man, I should have bought one when they first came out. No Squitters, flies, gnats, ......nothing. On sale at BPS for $23 with holster...well worth it.
    Was wondering if the thermocells worked or if it was hype. Has anybody else tried one of these out? I hunt in the bottoms often and them skeeters are mankillers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassiusmaximus View Post
    Was wondering if the thermocells worked or if it was hype. Has anybody else tried one of these out? I hunt in the bottoms often and them skeeters are mankillers.
    Got a buddy swearing by one to. Here's what worries me. They advertise Zero odor so it won't scare game, I'm very skeptical about this. If it has zero odor what keeps the bugs away??? I don't know I'm a doubting Thomas sometimes, maybe I'm worrying about nothing and just need to get one and try it, it's not like they are super exspensive or anything.

Post Thanks / Like

My cousin uses one and thinks it is great. Where he hunts it is a swamp and he has taken pleny of deer when using it.

I went Saturday morning and saw a doe and two young ones, probably 75 yards away. Went camping the rest of the weekend, got home yesterday after noon and hunted yesterday evening and had a nice doe in range but spooked her trying to draw. Th hunting was good but the killing was poor. Oh well, iy is early.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw a bunch of deer on Saturday (16-18) but no shot opportunity. Moved my stand about 20 yards and had two small bucks walk by on Sunday. Monday saw only 1 doe but I did kill a turkey with my bow. Glad the full moon is behind us now for awhile. Nothing at all in the afternoons. I guess it is just too hot and they are not moving until well after dark. All my deer sightings have been in the morning only.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Got a buddy swearing by one to. Here's what worries me. They advertise Zero odor so it won't scare game, I'm very skeptical about this. If it has zero odor what keeps the bugs away??? I don't know I'm a doubting Thomas sometimes, maybe I'm worrying about nothing and just need to get one and try it, it's not like they are super exspensive or anything.
    I had 8 does within 9 yards of my ground blind and they never once spooked with the Thermacell. I am anal about scent control, showers, shampoos, pack my clothes in scentlok bags, etc, and I am confident that the Thermocell does not spook them off.