Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Fishers of Men 2010 just a few months away

Kentucky South Central Schedule is set for the 2010 season.

December 12 2009 - Lake Cumberland (Conley Bottom)
    January 9 - Lake Cumberland (Conley Bottom)
    March 27 - Green River Lake (state marina)
    April 24 - Barren River Lake (peninsula)
    May 15 - Dale Hollow Lake (state dock)

These dates will not conflict with the BFL mountain Division. Come out and fish a great trail!

Jeremy Atwood
    director, 606-706-6702
    atwoodjg@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fishers of Men 2010 just a few months away

I have a piece of advice for those fishing these FOM events that I learned the hard way this year. MAKE SURE your partners are going to be able to fish the events to qualify (and not quit on you) and can make the regionals after you spend the $150/tourney (which equates to throwing away a good $450, plus gas, travel, ect) BEFORE you agree to fish with them. I had one partner bow out of one of the divisions due to "finacial reasons" (which was odd since I paid ALL the entry fees, but whatever), and the other has "mid-terms" for school during the regional qualifier (thus can't fish it for obvious reasons there). This REALLY STINKS, especially when your on a team and part of the contract is to fish this trail and post-season. Lesson learned on my part, and yes I could go fish it myself and pay all that money to have my rear-end beat in on my own, but I thought I would warn you all so you might be able to avoid the same pitfalls I had this year. Luckily I don't think this is going to be a "mandatory trail" for me this year so it won't matter as much. Good luck to you all, they are fun events and VERY WELL RUN, definately worth fishing, just make sure the commitment to it is mutual (or not depending on your desire) BEFORE you start. Take care and good luck to you all!!!

Rob Appleby

Post Thanks / Like

Rob, this is latest that the FOM regionals have been since I have been a part of the organization. I never imagined that I would have mid-terms going on at the same time. Unfortunately at the masters level fishing is not an acceptable excuse to miss an exam. At this point in my life my degree is more important than a fishing tournament. Besides at the time I signed up for classes we had not qualifed for the regional. If you want to go I'll pay half the entry fee so please don't make it look like I just bailed. Better luck with your future partners and I apologize if you think I wronged you.

Post Thanks / Like

It is not really about the money Jeremy, and it certainly was not just mid-terms as I would agree they are more important than fishing. The schedule/qualifiers should be posted in plenty of time for everyone to be able to plan accordingly, in my opinion. You had told me at the last event that "we will probably make it as an alternate since we are first on the list for it", so I had just planned on going. I also understand that you cannot plan schooling around "probably" though. I am just as frustrated with the other division where I had paid ALL the fees for the events (one you were running) for me and Craig and he did bail on me (in my opinion). THAT ONE made me upset since I was paying ALL the fees to begin with, plus had no issue paying for the gas too.
    I guess the series of events in both divisions is what gets to me, not just one thing, but this IS something that people need to consider unless they are planning on fishing the qualifiers (like some do at each location) for just the money they can make at that one event.
    I was happy/honored to have you as a partner this year and enjoyed it even though we had a rough time. I don't care so much about winning or the money as having a good person (like YOU) to fish with and fulfilling my commitments to my team contract. Stuff happens, and it did this year, but I just want to let others to be aware of potential pitfalls. Take care and good luck on those tests brother as I HATED mine when I was going through my Masters!!

Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Where can you find the dates for the 2010 mountain division? trying to make out next years schedule and trying to work around them. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pastorbass View Post
    Kentucky South Central Schedule is set for the 2010 season.

December 12 2009 - Lake Cumberland (Conley Bottom)
    January 9 - Lake Cumberland (Conley Bottom)
    March 27 - Green River Lake (state marina)
    April 24 - Barren River Lake (peninsula)
    May 15 - Dale Hollow Lake (state dock)

These dates will not conflict with the BFL mountain Division. Come out and fish a great trail!

Jeremy Atwood
    director, 606-706-6702
    atwoodjg@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

The BFL schedule is not posted yet. You will need to contact the BFL Mountain director to get the dates.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pastorbass View Post
    The BFL schedule is not posted yet. You will need to contact the BFL Mountain director to get the dates.
    Thanks. Would you know his name and number?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cra97 View Post
    I am just as frustrated with the other division where I had paid ALL the fees for the events (one you were running) for me and Craig and he did bail on me (in my opinion). THAT ONE made me upset since I was paying ALL the fees to begin with, plus had no issue paying for the gas too.
    Rob
    Rob I don't appreciate you runnin your mouth about me to everyone but me. #1 you didn't pay for any of my fuel #2 You only paid 1/2 the fee for the 1st tourny and we only fished 2. #3 I made no commitment to fish them all and told you I was already fishing 2 other trails and that I couldn't afford the fuel to run to them all.#4 You still ended up fishing a couple of trails including a FOM. If you call driving to the Lake at 2 in the morning sleepin at the ramp and jumpin in someone's boat thats already put the practice time in then fishin a tourny a good partner your sadly mistaken and thats all you did. #5 You never caught a keeper #6 You owe me some fuel money according to your own statement.That includes my fuel to and from home for practice.#6 No hard feelings just quit your b%$#%$n