Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

stealing road signs

does anybody have ne suggestions on what to do i live on a 1 lane road and is 25 mph no one seem to care as they think its a road corse we had signs put up by the county a few years ago 25 mph with a we love childern at the begining of the road the childern sign was stolen just after a week of being up the other one was put up about 20 yards form my property and was stolen last nite along with the stop sign and road sign that gets replaced every week...... told the county i was going to put in speed bumbs to day and they told me that they would remove them their self because of the snow plow witch they never come threw here anyways and if they did i would of not spent 500 on a snowplow for my atv

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: stealing road signs

Speed bumps would be great!but costly.Shame kids cant even go near the road safetly.Some good ole back road country justice may need to be dealt .

Post Thanks / Like

Re: stealing road signs

Quote Originally Posted by ironhead70 View Post
    does anybody have ne suggestions on what to do i live on a 1 lane road and is 25 mph no one seem to care as they think its a road corse we had signs put up by the county a few years ago 25 mph with a we love childern at the begining of the road the childern sign was stolen just after a week of being up the other one was put up about 20 yards form my property and was stolen last nite along with the stop sign and road sign that gets replaced every week...... told the county i was going to put in speed bumbs to day and they told me that they would remove them their self because of the snow plow witch they never come threw here anyways and if they did i would of not spent 500 on a snowplow for my atv
    My street is exactly the same as yours. I tried the slingshot and it worked but was too time consuming. I had a friend airbrush a 8" x 11" concrete block the same color as the asphalt on my street. You can recognize it if you're doin' the speed limit but if you're
    going too fast it makes a loud noise and is hazardous to the undercarriage of a car. My next door neighbors have been asking for them they work great!

Post Thanks / Like

speed bumps would cost me about 30 bucks i have been putting tree limbs close to the side of the road and a big creek rock they will slow down and ezz a round some will get out and move it them self but i really dont want to tear up anyones car but i dont want my 7 year old to get hit or me the wife or dog ... i have stopped some of the speeder that come threw ever day and asked nicely to slow down past our house and they can fly the rest of the road since my next neighbor is 2 miles down but it only lasted a few days ....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom523 View Post
    My street is exactly the same as yours. I tried the slingshot and it worked but was too time consuming. I had a friend airbrush a 8" x 11" concrete block the same color as the asphalt on my street. You can recognize it if you're doin' the speed limit but if you're
    going too fast it makes a loud noise and is hazardous to the undercarriage of a car. My next door neighbors have been asking for them they work great!
    i like the idea but here they have no were to go one side of the road is a creek and the other i a ditch about foot and a half deep 2 people can pass but it gets really hariry in some spots

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'd put them speed bumbs in. If the county gets tired of removing them maybe they will get the picture, but I doubt it.
    Maybe bribe some hungry policeman with some homemade pie to park in your driveway and run some radar and write some tickets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassiusmaximus View Post
    Well I'd put them speed bumbs in. If the county gets tired of removing them maybe they will get the picture, but I doubt it.
    Maybe bribe some hungry policeman with some homemade pie to park in your driveway and run some radar and write some tickets.
    Where do you live I will come out and run some radar for some pie?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fisheater View Post
    Speed bumps would be great!but costly.Shame kids cant even go near the road safetly.Some good ole back road country justice may need to be dealt .
    Do what me and a neighbor did where I use to live in a cuddlesac. We figured out who it was and waited for him while drinking a few beers. When he started down the road at warp speed we both walked out in the road. He had to stop or run over us. I can't tell you what we told him we were gonna do on this family friendly site cause it wasn't family and it dang sure wasn't friendly. I had a baby girl that liked to ride her bike at the time and so did this neighbor.

Let's just say he got the message along with his little buds and the problem stopped!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ironhead70 View Post
    There is a road that runs along some property that I own and teenagers were stealing the signs to decorate their bedrooms. One day there was a rollover accident near my driveway, on the main highway. It was raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock and I saw the commissioner standing in the rain directing traffic. I grabbed my umbrella and went running down where he was and held it over both of us and stroked his ego; commissioners love that crap. In the course of the conversation I asked if he would do me a couple of small, inexpensive favors. Then I told him we needed a "Slow, Children Playing" sign and a "Stop" sign erected on the road; that the others had been stolen. I asked him to weld the signs to metal posts and set the posts in concrete. He did it the next day and that took care of the problem. The signs have been in place for more than a year now.

I live just out of town on a 2-lane road with 30 mph speed limit. When we first moved here there was an alcoholic woman who lived across the road and hated speeders. She would run out and stop the cars and you could hear her 'cussin' the drivers for a country mile. She did more to control the traffic than a cop could have done. She died 4 years ago and nobody has taken over her "job."

Post Thanks / Like

I live just out of town on a 2-lane road with 30 mph speed limit. When we first moved here there was an alcoholic woman who lived across the road and hated speeders. She would run out and stop the cars and you could hear her 'cussin' the drivers for a country mile. She did more to control the traffic than a cop could have done. She died 4 years ago and nobody has taken over her "job."

BUG HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE!!!!

beep beep

Post Thanks / Like

"weld the signs to metal posts and set the posts in concrete"
    Excellent idea!!!!Never thought about doing that.Now if you can get the idiots to read and comprehend,lol.

"She would run out and stop the cars and you could hear her 'cussin' the drivers for a country mile."
    Sounds like my wife,lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Just bend the bolts down on the back of the sign and they wont be able to remove the sign from the post.