Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Question Rotating trebles

Has anyone seen, used or know where you can get some of the new rotating treble hooks that are kind of like a swivel?

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descp...RHK-BSSTH.html

I can't find them anywhere, everyone is either out of stock or look at me like I'm from Mars, I have been a fan of xcaliburs for years, and find on spooks/sammies these are almost a must IMO, but the old excaliburs rusted real easy. Also looking to try and find some luckycraft treble hooks to put on my crankbaits - this year I have come to the conclusion that the luckycraft hooks are the absolute sharpest hooks on the market.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rotating trebles

Wow i cant believe they really make these.. and i cant believe they havnt caught on big time. Ive seen the idea on big swimbaits so i took the idea and replaced 2 hooks on a squarebill with one swivel and treble hook and you know what, if the hooks sharp they wont get off. I really thought i was going to have to design my own baits or something cause i think this is going to be a big thing that changes fishing and im glad someone designed a hook that hopefully works great. but there expensive lol

Post Thanks / Like

From what I understand, and I could be wrong, the hooks were just introduced at ICAST. Of all the searches I have done, the retailers that are going to carry them won't have them in stock until later on in the year (i.e. Tacklewarehouse, etc.) I think the hooks are still in a research and development stage, and won't be distributed and produced until later.

Their descriptions are quite innovative, I must say. What a great idea!

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of people were mad at ICAST cause they didn't win the best in terminal tackle category. Yet again they make it sound like you loose fish all the time cause they get leverage... Well what happens when both of those trebles are in a fish, they aren't rotating. You could achieve the same results by using two split rings i do in some of my swimbaits, its a lot cheaper and you can use any hook you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Am I correct in assuming that these hooks are $7.99 EACH???? So for a crank bait they would be $16 plus the price of the bait. Thats more than I pay for Luckycraft. Maybe I missed something........I do like the idea.....

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use the excaliber hooks too but have kind of gotten out of the habit. As far as Lucky Craft crankbait hooks I did a search and came up with this:

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descp...CKY-LCRTH.html
    http://www.luckycraft.com/luckycraft...ries/hooks.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDon View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that these hooks are $7.99 EACH???? So for a crank bait they would be $16 plus the price of the bait. Thats more than I pay for Luckycraft. Maybe I missed something........I do like the idea.....
    According to the attached link, they are $7.99 for a 4 pack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shimano4Life View Post
    From what I understand, and I could be wrong, the hooks were just introduced at ICAST. Of all the searches I have done, the retailers that are going to carry them won't have them in stock until later on in the year (i.e. Tacklewarehouse, etc.) I think the hooks are still in a research and development stage, and won't be distributed and produced until later.

Their descriptions are quite innovative, I must say. What a great idea!

A good friend of mine sent me an email about these hooks....he will be repping this company in the Ky, Tn and Ala region...he reps a lot of fishing related items. His email said they expect them to be a big hit (he was at ICAST). They will be available later this year....even he does not have any yet except a few samples.

Post Thanks / Like

Those look really cool. I'll be interested to see how they look, feel and fish.

While we're on the treble hook subject... I purchased a few packs of the Sure Set Trebels last year and put several on crankbaits I own. They have greatly increased the numbers of crankbait fish I land.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults