Search Fishin.com

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Greenville,IN
    Posts
    3,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Is it legal to have beer on board on the Ohio river

    I've looked thru both Indiana and Kentucky regulations and all I find is Boating Under the Influence.

    So my questions are: Is it actually against the law to have beer (alcohol) on board your boat.

    2. If beer on board is legal, can I drink that beer while on the river?

    Now before everyone gets all uptight about safety,etc. I'm talking about 2 beers in the cooler. One for me and one for fishing partner.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    owenton/carrollton
    Posts
    567
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it legal to have beer on board on the Ohio river

    [FONT=ACaslonPro-Regular][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=ACaslonPro-Regular][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=ACaslonPro-Regular][COLOR=#231f20]Kentucky law specifically prohibits
    the drinking of alcoholic beverages in
    public places (this excludes establishments
    licensed to sell such beverages)
    and the waterways of this state are considered
    public places.
    Further, in a public place, persons
    who are manifestly under the influence
    of alcoholic beverages to the extent that
    [/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][FONT=BellGothicBT-Black][COLOR=#82a9bc][FONT=BellGothicBT-Black][COLOR=#82a9bc][FONT=BellGothicBT-Black][COLOR=#82a9bc][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=ACaslonPro-Regular][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=ACaslonPro-Regular][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=ACaslonPro-Regular][COLOR=#231f20]
    [/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][FONT=BellGothicBT-Black][COLOR=#ffffff][FONT=BellGothicBT-Black][COLOR=#ffffff]BLOOD ALCOHOL CONTENT CHART
    [/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=BellGothicBT-Black][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=BellGothicBT-Black][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=BellGothicBT-Black][COLOR=#231f20]Body Weight
    (in pounds)
    Number of Drinks in a Two Hour Period
    12 oz. beer = 5 oz. wine = 1 oz. 80 proof liquor
    [/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][FONT=BellGothicBT-Roman][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=BellGothicBT-Roman][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=BellGothicBT-Roman][COLOR=#231f20]100 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    120 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    140 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    160 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    180 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    200 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    220 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    240 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    [/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][FONT=BellGothicBT-Black][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=BellGothicBT-Black][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=BellGothicBT-Black][COLOR=#231f20]BAC to .05% [/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=BellGothicBT-Roman][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=BellGothicBT-Roman][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=BellGothicBT-Roman][COLOR=#231f20]- Be careful. Loss of judgement and coordination.
    [/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][FONT=BellGothicBT-Black][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=BellGothicBT-Black][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=BellGothicBT-Black][COLOR=#231f20]BAC .05% to .07% [/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=BellGothicBT-Roman][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=BellGothicBT-Roman][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=BellGothicBT-Roman][COLOR=#231f20]- Abilities impaired. Chance of accident increased.
    [/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][FONT=BellGothicBT-Black][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=BellGothicBT-Black][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=BellGothicBT-Black][COLOR=#231f20]BAC .08% and over [/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=BellGothicBT-Roman][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=BellGothicBT-Roman][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=BellGothicBT-Roman][COLOR=#231f20]- Do not operate a boat. High risk of accident, subject to arrest.
    [/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][FONT=ACaslonPro-Regular][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=ACaslonPro-Regular][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=ACaslonPro-Regular][COLOR=#231f20]they may unreasonably annoy or endanger
    themselves or others shall be subject
    to arrest.


    this is all i can find sound like they got u come or going ..... i dont know either my best advice is to take 3, 1 for u 1, for buddy, 1 for game warden .......... it say u cant drink on the water so i guess u will have to go to the bank to drink one
    [/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    owenton/carrollton
    Posts
    567
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it legal to have beer on board on the Ohio river

    wow sorry bout that i copyed a pasted that from boating guide

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .LaGrange
    Posts
    10,738
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it legal to have beer on board on the Ohio river

    Tyme, they will lay the smack down on ya if they catch you with beer. The two nice Game Wardens over there probably wouldn't, but those State guys that have been showing up down there are strickly by the book.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it legal to have beer on board on the Ohio river

    Indiana has no law against open containers in a boat. The operator cannot register above the legal limit though, of course.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .LaGrange
    Posts
    10,738
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it legal to have beer on board on the Ohio river

    Quote Originally Posted by fishNnut View Post
    Indiana has no law against open containers in a boat. The operator cannot register above the legal limit though, of course.
    Yea.....BUT the river is Indiana and Kentucky and if you are in The Falls area, the State boys will nail ya, do what ya want, bit I'm telling you it ain't a good idea gentlemen.

    And I LOVE BEER!

  7. #7
    HURRICANEBOB Guest

    Re: Is it legal to have beer on board on the Ohio river

    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Yea.....BUT the river is Indiana and Kentucky and if you are in The Falls area, the State boys will nail ya, do what ya want, bit I'm telling you it ain't a good idea gentlemen.

    And I LOVE BEER!
    Well, guess I'll be doing most of my Ohio River fishing from a good spot at Mike Linnig's. I'll still have to take the boat so the wife won't suspect anything. Atleast I'll burn less boat gas, and the money I save on bait such as shad, shiners, and chicken livers, can be spent of bait like Long Necks, glasses of wine and perfume. Don't suspect I'll catch anything at Mike's bar any worse than what I've caught from fishing on the Ohio River..........besides.......alcohol kills germs and morals

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .Radcliff, Ky
    Posts
    710
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it legal to have beer on board on the Ohio river

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    I've looked thru both Indiana and Kentucky regulations and all I find is Boating Under the Influence.

    So my questions are: Is it actually against the law to have beer (alcohol) on board your boat.

    2. If beer on board is legal, can I drink that beer while on the river?

    Now before everyone gets all uptight about safety,etc. I'm talking about 2 beers in the cooler. One for me and one for fishing partner.
    If I was you I wouldn't even try it. I was busted for boating while intoxicated a few years ago and it cost me a night in jail, 250.00 fine plus court costs, missed 2 days work and my breathalyzer was under the legal limit of .08. It was a .042 I took it to court and the judge said that I wasn't that far under the limit. This was in Burkesville on the river. Haven't been down there since.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    richmond, kentucky
    Posts
    649
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it legal to have beer on board on the Ohio river

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom523 View Post
    If I was you I wouldn't even try it. I was busted for boating while intoxicated a few years ago and it cost me a night in jail, 250.00 fine plus court costs, missed 2 days work and my breathalyzer was under the legal limit of .08. It was a .042 I took it to court and the judge said that I wasn't that far under the limit. This was in Burkesville on the river. Haven't been down there since.
    that .08 is there for a number to meet.. it is soley up to the officers discretion whether to take u to jail below .08 because u can be below .08 and still fail the court upheld sobriety tests. trust me EKU pays students to participate in the alcohol training courses at the Department of criminal justice training and i did it once and they weigh u and get your height and designate your BAC and u drink so many drinks till u get there and go take the sobriety tests for the cadets... i went to a .06 and i couldnt pass some of the tests.. the eye test is the tale tale cause they twitch in the corners and the walk adn was pretty tough too..... but i made 50 bucks... the only down falll is u have to be completely sober before u leave... whcih i completely understand but dang i had a a bad head ache from doing it.... everyone that was in there with me failed and would have been taken to jail and the people that took it didnt get above a .07

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .Radcliff, Ky
    Posts
    710
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it legal to have beer on board on the Ohio river

    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_ekubass View Post
    that .08 is there for a number to meet.. it is soley up to the officers discretion whether to take u to jail below .08 because u can be below .08 and still fail the court upheld sobriety tests. trust me EKU pays students to participate in the alcohol training courses at the Department of criminal justice training and i did it once and they weigh u and get your height and designate your BAC and u drink so many drinks till u get there and go take the sobriety tests for the cadets... i went to a .06 and i couldnt pass some of the tests.. the eye test is the tale tale cause they twitch in the corners and the walk adn was pretty tough too..... but i made 50 bucks... the only down falll is u have to be completely sober before u leave... whcih i completely understand but dang i had a a bad head ache from doing it.... everyone that was in there with me failed and would have been taken to jail and the people that took it didnt get above a .07
    They also put the results of all of the field sobriety tests on the report and I passed all of them. They also noted that I was very polite and cooperative. I was polite and cooperative because I am 6' 230lbs. and only had 2 beers with my lunch 2.5 hours earlier. I found out that they were on the water all day and just wanted to get on land so they could run some errands.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    owenton/carrollton
    Posts
    567
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it legal to have beer on board on the Ohio river

    the beast way to beat the test is not to drink at all but if u do and get caught refuse the breath test and demand a blood test once ur their refuse to sign all paper work and till ur lawer gets there by that time u will have sobered up

Similar Threads

  1. Is It Legal?
    By MagikSmallie in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 09:57 PM
  2. Is spider rigging for Crappie legal in Kentucky?
    By DuV in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 10:15 AM
  3. Beer Study !!
    By ironhead70 in forum "Off Topic" Posts
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 12:06 PM
  4. Why beer is better than Obama.......
    By GeoFisher in forum "Off Topic" Posts
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 12:07 PM
  5. Just wondering/Legal question
    By ron1 in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 10:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •