Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Quick Productive put in places for Jon Boat

Coming out of Valley Sation in Louisville and am looking for some quick put in places in Louisville for a 12ft jon boat with a trolling motor. By quick I mean with in 30 minute drive. I know about the boat ramp in Salt River before Muldrah, McNeally, Fishermans Paradise, the average bank fishermans paradise, BUT...remember I said productive. I guess I am wanting that hidden gold mine we are all after that no one ever wants to speak about...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick Productive put in places for Jon Boat

Have you tried Guiest Creek in Shelbyville? Lake Jerico is in Henry Co. I think. There is good fishing there. If you are willing to go about an hour north there is Boltz Lake and Bullock Pin lake. They are small 9.9 and lower lakes. Bullock pin has some hog bass and a great catfish fishery. Hope this helps you out some.

Post Thanks / Like

While I can't speak of it for productivity, you can get a jon boat in Long Run park. They've got a ramp and every time I'm there, there's someone in a boat out there.

I've also seen someone put a boat in Watterson Lake park too.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried Guist and my jon boat is not registered. I just got it and wasn't looking to register it being so late in the year. Quick question, do you have to register a boat with only a trolling motor?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creeker View Post
    While I can't speak of it for productivity, you can get a jon boat in Long Run park. They've got a ramp and every time I'm there, there's someone in a boat out there.

I've also seen someone put a boat in Watterson Lake park too.
    Thanks for the reply. I have caught some catfish out of Watterson Lake. No bass, which is what I am really after..... and never have been to Long Run. I typically check out Google Earth for water and drive to investigate. I have found some nice farm ponds. With permission, I have found some VERY nice productive fishing spots, but I have to be in the right spot at the right time to ask. I NEVER TRESPASS. I like saying...SO FAR, I HAVEN'T BEEN SHOT. I just want to introduce my GF's two sons to the sport to keep them off the streets and off those darn video games.

Post Thanks / Like

If your boat is powered by anything except a paddle it will have to registered with the state and have a hull number on the side. You might get away with it for now but eventually you will run into a KDFW officer and he will nail you. Cheaper to just pay the 15.00 bucks for the tags and then pay the property tax on the boat. I think my tax was only like 17 bucks. So for about 30-40 dollars you can save a lot of trouble. PM if you need help registering your boat.

Post Thanks / Like

You got my 30-40 bucks?....lol JK Thanks bro. My biggest problem is finding the time to take em. In the middle of a home rennovation right now.