Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good KY trip this past Labor Day.......

Well......I'm getting around to this a little late, but here goes.........

I took my wife to KY lake this past labor day and had a BLAST. We fished Saturday, Sunday and Monday.......Caught lots of fish each day.

Saturday was the best day for quality, but not as good for numbers. My wife broke off a bass that was probably 5 or 6 lbs........and she broke off another that was probably pushing that.

I weighed 2 that were close to 4lbs........AND we caught numerous that were over 2.

Best 5 went 14-15lbs. All fish were caught in 1-2 ft of water in the back of bays.

Sunday was pretty much the same, but as the weather pushed in they SHUT DOWN for us.........we pulled off just before the storm, and it was a good idea. FUNNY thing......we put in on the water at 6:00am and didn't catch a fish until 10:00am. YUCK.

Monday......Man.........we HAMMERED them. We got started late, and didn't hit the water until 9:30 or so. We went directly to a spot we found on Saturday, and started SLAMMING the fish. Another guy and his wife, were beating the bank, not catching fish, and decided to "Join us". I could practically STEP onto his boat..........I let it slide, because my wife and I were simply HAMMERING them.

We caught 45 fish in 3 hours........Most of them were bass in the 1 - 2 lb range, but some were whites and yellows........

On another note.......

I know hunting on KY lake is legal and all, BUT..........there were a bunch of hunters blasting Geese really close to the campgrounds at Pisgah. Again, I know it is LEGAL, but I don't think it was VERY SAFE.........

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Good KY trip this past Labor Day.......

Good report, sounded like a blast! Nothing better than getting the wife on some action! Good job.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Well......I'm getting around to this a little late, but here goes.........

I took my wife to KY lake this past labor day and had a BLAST. We fished Saturday, Sunday and Monday.......Caught lots of fish each day.

Saturday was the best day for quality, but not as good for numbers. My wife broke off a bass that was probably 5 or 6 lbs........and she broke off another that was probably pushing that.

I weighed 2 that were close to 4lbs........AND we caught numerous that were over 2.

Best 5 went 14-15lbs. All fish were caught in 1-2 ft of water in the back of bays.

Sunday was pretty much the same, but as the weather pushed in they SHUT DOWN for us.........we pulled off just before the storm, and it was a good idea. FUNNY thing......we put in on the water at 6:00am and didn't catch a fish until 10:00am. YUCK.

Monday......Man.........we HAMMERED them. We got started late, and didn't hit the water until 9:30 or so. We went directly to a spot we found on Saturday, and started SLAMMING the fish. Another guy and his wife, were beating the bank, not catching fish, and decided to "Join us". I could practically STEP onto his boat..........I let it slide, because my wife and I were simply HAMMERING them.

We caught 45 fish in 3 hours........Most of them were bass in the 1 - 2 lb range, but some were whites and yellows........

On another note.......

I know hunting on KY lake is legal and all, BUT..........there were a bunch of hunters blasting Geese really close to the campgrounds at Pisgah. Again, I know it is LEGAL, but I don't think it was VERY SAFE.........

Later,

Geo
    Geo. were u throwing plastics or fast moving baits? Im headed down middle of october for some fun fall fishin and the lake to yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slowride View Post
    Geo. were u throwing plastics or fast moving baits? Im headed down middle of october for some fun fall fishin and the lake to yourself.
    Plastics, and shallow crankbaits.........REAL shallow.

My wife caught a couple on rattletraps.........

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Plastics, and shallow crankbaits.........REAL shallow.

My wife caught a couple on rattletraps.........

Later,

Geo
    Sweet thanks