Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Barren River Lake Hybrids

Hey Guys-
    I read on the recent report for BRL that the hybrids have picked up. Has anybody been out fishing for them? Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barren River Lake Hybrids

Rich, talked to some fellows Friday evening & they said they came up unbelievably well Friday morning at the dam & they had a ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Rich, talked to some fellows Friday evening & they said they came up unbelievably well Friday morning at the dam & they had a ball.
    First off, thanks for the response. Secondly, at the dam huh. I've never hybrid fished over there. The few times I've gone, we went over around the islands by the hogs back. Have you heard of good hybrid fishing by the dam before? Thanks.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

use your graph and look for the shad schools and troll slowling up to them and pas through for bigger fish troll a little lower than the school but if you just want table fare trool through the schools where the smaller hybrids are hunting the bigger fish have figured out that if the slowly drift at a lower drift they can clean up on what the smaller fish have hit but did not get to chow down on, if you want to night fish go to the hoggs back and find the cove facing the dam follow the graph to where it dropps down fron 6 to 18 feet drop a light and do not leave a pole unattended as an 8 pound stipe can carry off a nice size rod and reel in a new york minute. I have caught fish on plastics,night crawlers and even chicken live, I never leave the bait on bottom I will drop it in and then crank it up a couple of feet and work to find the zone, good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppy View Post
    use your graph and look for the shad schools and troll slowling up to them and pas through for bigger fish troll a little lower than the school but if you just want table fare trool through the schools where the smaller hybrids are hunting the bigger fish have figured out that if the slowly drift at a lower drift they can clean up on what the smaller fish have hit but did not get to chow down on, if you want to night fish go to the hoggs back and find the cove facing the dam follow the graph to where it dropps down fron 6 to 18 feet drop a light and do not leave a pole unattended as an 8 pound stipe can carry off a nice size rod and reel in a new york minute. I have caught fish on plastics,night crawlers and even chicken live, I never leave the bait on bottom I will drop it in and then crank it up a couple of feet and work to find the zone, good luck
    Thank you sir, appreciate the info. I need to try that night fishing under the lights thing, sounds like fun.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

The dam is basically within eyesight of the dam.

Post Thanks / Like

so what you are saying is?
    if you are close by the dam you can see it??????????

Post Thanks / Like

You can be fishing the hogsback and see the dam.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppy View Post
    use your graph and look for the shad schools
    Mr Biggy,

Are the gizzard shad up, any spot where cast netting would payoff to catch some? I usually ramp in at the Narrows.

Would shiners work on the downpoles? Or would I be better off with nightcrawlers or chicken livers.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishincreek View Post
    The dam is basically within eyesight of the dam.
    So...if you are at the dam you can basically see the dam? I have to agree with that statement. Just playin.

So, would it be better to focus by the dam or should I head over to the islands and around hogs back llike usual? Sounds like people are catching them by the dam. I've never had any luck over there. Oh well, thanks guys.

-Rich