Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Deer Processor Near Louisville

Does anyone have a good deer processor in or around Louisville? I have seen Carters Taxidermy off Dixie. Has anyone used this company before? What is the going rate for a good size doe? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Deer Processor Near Louisville

Quote Originally Posted by sam8772 View Post
    Does anyone have a good deer processor in or around Louisville? I have seen Carters Taxidermy off Dixie. Has anyone used this company before? What is the going rate for a good size doe? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I have used Boones(spelling) butcher shop in Bardstown a few times. I take my deboned meat there for summer sausage. I think they will dress a whole deer also but not exactly sure. If interested I can get the phone # and address for you. I dont know anything about Carters.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Carter's for a lot of years and always had excellent results. He is also tied in to Webb's down in Meade County and can send your meat down there to have it turned into summer sausage, jerky, etc. They do their own regular butchering, packaging, and labeling, and I have never had a bad incident there.

There is also a guy out in J-Town that does it. I have gone there once or twice but I cannot remember the name of the road. This is not the guy on Routt road who was there for years , Beckley was his name I think,as he has closed up. This guy has a big setup, freezer truck, etc. I am sure KDFW can get you his name as the processors have to be licensed.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on what part of town you're in. Wolfe's Processing in Westport does an awesome job and is also a drop off/pick up for Webb's. Westport is in Oldham County, straight out Hwy 42 if you're not familiar. If interested, I can get you the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Deer Processor Near Louisville

Quote Originally Posted by fcfishman View Post
    I have used Carter's for a lot of years and always had excellent results. He is also tied in to Webb's down in Meade County and can send your meat down there to have it turned into summer sausage, jerky, etc. They do their own regular butchering, packaging, and labeling, and I have never had a bad incident there.

There is also a guy out in J-Town that does it. I have gone there once or twice but I cannot remember the name of the road. This is not the guy on Routt road who was there for years , Beckley was his name I think,as he has closed up. This guy has a big setup, freezer truck, etc. I am sure KDFW can get you his name as the processors have to be licensed.
    Your thinking of Kromenacker's on Dawson hill rd just east of route rd.
    He's a good guy, him and his family used to do the processing on Terry rd. for year's until Dennis moved to Mt Washington. I believe the Number is
    502-239-1897. He has a real nice set-up for processing and I think WEB'S
    pick's up your meat for sausage order's during gun season.

KyDog

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great input guys. I will feel better about taking my deer this year, now that I will have a place to process it. There is just not enough room at my place to do it myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kydog View Post
    Your thinking of Kromenacker's on Dawson hill rd just east of route rd.
    He's a good guy, him and his family used to do the processing on Terry rd. for year's until Dennis moved to Mt Washington. I believe the Number is
    502-239-1897. He has a real nice set-up for processing and I think WEB'S
    pick's up your meat for sausage order's during gun season.

KyDog
    Thanks Dog, that's the guy. Really nice people and he did the Webbs deal with me also. I will keep the number for my records as well.