Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bluegrass!!! OH MY!!!!!!

Ya, 75 lbs. of bass out of a strip pit in one day is pretty far fetched. It sounds to me that someone isn't a very good judge of weight.....or #'s!!!! C'mon J tell us the truth

Post Thanks / Like

Only picture we took was of the big boy. I'm out of town til Tuesday. But when I get back I'll post him. Sorry if you don't believe, but then again I'd have a hard time if our roles were reversed. There are some really good fish in there and I've yet to see anyone fish where I do on that pit. If you're in gander mountain here in Evansville look for a younger guy that works in fishing and ask to see his photo album of those pits. You'll be shocked. I know I was and had a hard time til the other day and what we caught. As far as 10# fish in Evansville I can name you three public lakes in the city with 10# fish. Regency club apartments, charter oak apartments and williamsburgh all have fish caught that big. Heath's buddy tagged a 8 and 7 in charter oaks just the other night.

Post Thanks / Like

i guess i don't doubt the size of the big one....I've caught one that big in a small lake that you wouldn't think had one that big in it. The number of others is what really surprised me....can't wait to see the pic. How do you go about posting pics on this site???

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like your fishing buddy *****...no way you could drag me off a lake if that were happening...somebody better be dead...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lroberts View Post
    i guess i don't doubt the size of the big one....I've caught one that big in a small lake that you wouldn't think had one that big in it. The number of others is what really surprised me....can't wait to see the pic. How do you go about posting pics on this site???
    I have to figure that out too, the pictures that is. And I don't blame you one bit for doubting me. If I didn't happen to me I would doubt it as well. Like I said in the first post, one of the best days I can ever remember. And Jerry caught the two big boys. I should of made that more clear. I guess from now on I'll just take a picture of everything big out of there. As for the guy that wouldn't tell others of his success, well that's just sad. I won't everyone to have the best chance possible at a day like we had. That's why I'll help/tell anyone with any question they have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
    I have to figure that out too, the pictures that is. And I don't blame you one bit for doubting me. If I didn't happen to me I would doubt it as well. Like I said in the first post, one of the best days I can ever remember. And Jerry caught the two big boys. I should of made that more clear. I guess from now on I'll just take a picture of everything big out of there. As for the guy that wouldn't tell others of his success, well that's just sad. I won't everyone to have the best chance possible at a day like we had. That's why I'll help/tell anyone with any question they have.
    You wana go fishin sometime? lol

Post Thanks / Like

biggest i have ever caught out of blue grass was just about 5lbs ... he was 22 inches long. 2nd was 3 lbs at best at 18 inches. both released. every other bass i have caught has been less than 2 lbs ... most fish i have caught in one day i would say is only about 15 nothing prolly over a 1lb that day

Post Thanks / Like

upload the pics onto pic hosting site such as photobucket.com. Then copy and paste the link from photobucket onto a reply here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
    You probably just RUINED your fishing hole.

I've been there a few times.......EASY to get to too. The one Saving grace for you right now is they are pretty far from most suburban areas. It takes me about an hour and 1/2 to get there from Lou Area, so I suspect most people are not going to travel there to fish...........I might be wrong.

I'd be VERY interested in the "fishing statistics" for these pits now......I wonder how many MORE fisherman will be there.........

HM......

I learned my lesson on posting this type of detail with regards to a few spots, and I will be hard pressed to do it again.......

One other thing........I don't doubt the numbers or SIZE one bit...........One September, a few years ago, I had an opportunity to fish a watershed owned by a sand company......My fishing buddy and I caught 100 bass before noon, and over 100 bass in the afternoon. We caught MANY over 5, a few pushing 6 and 3 over 7.....

I'm just saying........sounds like a fishing story, but I KNOW it's not.......This particular pit is managed by an ole boy to PRODUCE large fish. He has personally caught 4 or 5 over 10, and knows of a few more over 10 that have been caught there. AND only a handful of people have had the opportunity to fish it.......

I've been there 2 times in the 20 years I've been here in Louisville, and both times were similar in numbers and SIZE.

Later,

Geo
    Last edited by GeoFisher; 09-11-2009 at 10:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

In April of last year, the DNR conducted a creel survey on Bluegrass. They did so on two separate days for a total of 3.27 hours. Although the results were better for larger fish than the 2004 survey (18"/2 fish limit enacted in 2003) and electrofishing is "spotty" in my opinion, they failed to bring a fish up larger than 20"(4.1 lb.) and 4.6 lb.(19.5"). This was out of a total 292 bass with the majority being 8-13".

Post Thanks / Like

haha if you are telling me there aren't big bass in there because they didn't get one during their survey, ur badly mistaken. i've caught some big ones out of there, just NEVER 18 pounds of fish in 2 fish. i know they are in there.

p.s. a 10 pounder in regency club? i used to fish there every night, and find this hard to believe. someone would have had to put it in there recently.

Post Thanks / Like

This is beginning to sound like some of the reports out of Garvin Park lake......that 50# catfish that keeps getting caught that no one ever sees. I guess theres a lot of night fishing going on out there.