Search Fishin.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bluegrass!!! OH MY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevens View Post
    If anyone really catches a 32lb+ sack out of there, i will quit fishing cause i must really **** if i struggle catchin 5lbers out of there.

Nahhh..you wouldn't. I caught 5lber all the times. There, you ain't quitting yet are ya?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Nahhh..you wouldn't. I caught 5lber all the times. There, you ain't quitting yet are ya?
    In all honesty, ill quit fishin the day they put me in the ground. I just don't want anyone to get the idea that bluegrass is the new indiana paradise.. It really isn't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevens View Post
    In all honesty, ill quit fishin the day they put me in the ground. I just don't want anyone to get the idea that bluegrass is the new indiana paradise.. It really isn't.
    boy i wish it was, living 4 mins down the road from it. that would be nice. the day i hear/see of a 10 lber caught there everyone will know with visual proof. but i dont think that will be happening

Post Thanks / Like

It's not going to matter what proof is out there. They obviously won't believe it which is fine by me. And the guy training the dog was about 40' away when it was caught. About 20' away when a smaller 3# was caught. Great day it was, one I won't forget. I doubt I post here much if at all anymore. If anyone wants to go fishing somewhere or up at bluegrass drop me a line. I'm up there at least 4-5 times a week at various times of the day.

Post Thanks / Like

The guy that trains those two black labs is Gary Gatewood. He normally trains those dogs at the South Launch ramp at Bluegrass Pit. He often brings those highly trained labs to the ramp where he lets them practice retrieving in the late afternoon. BTW his dogs are some of the best labs in the country when it comes to duck/goose hunting. Those two dogs won't even shake the water out of their fur until Gary tells them to.

So if he was only 40' and 20' away from you when you caught those fish that tells me exactly where you were fishing. Actually I too have caught a lot of bass right there by the launch ramp. Perhaps that's where folks release some of the fish that they caught that day before they put their boats away.

It's a shame that JustinM will not be posting anymore. I enjoyed reading your reports about the fishing at Bluegrass F&W area. Most of the other posts are about fishing holes up North and I don't get to fish them that often.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
    It's not going to matter what proof is out there. They obviously won't believe it which is fine by me. And the guy training the dog was about 40' away when it was caught. About 20' away when a smaller 3# was caught. Great day it was, one I won't forget. I doubt I post here much if at all anymore. If anyone wants to go fishing somewhere or up at bluegrass drop me a line. I'm up there at least 4-5 times a week at various times of the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Awwl common! don't let us rattle ya. It's natural that us fishermen do this sort of things. I even have a big yellow sticker on the wall in my fishin room that says:
    ------------CAUTION-------------
    Fishing and Hunting Stories In Progress
    Protective Boots May Be Required

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, some of you guys should be fishing our river tournaments. We have one on the 26th out of Angel Mounds. Good bunch of guys to fish with. If anyone is interested you can PM me or get me at my email: dshardes@aol.com. And Justin I'd love to wet a line with you at Blue Grass. Let me know....your boat or mine??

Post Thanks / Like

I too have a sign on the wall that reads.

"All fishermen are liars, except you and me, and sometimes I doubt you".

Another sign on my wall reads:

"Early to bed, early to rise, Fish like He(( and make up lies"

and finally the last sign reads as follows:

"Hunters, Fishermen and other Liars Gather Here!"

The best part of any day is gathering around the launch ramp when the fisherman return to talk about their day fishing. Hanging around the fish cleaning station is also fun.

The other best part of the day is hanging around the bait shop in the early morning and talking about the fish that are going to be caught that day.

Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Awwl common! don't let us rattle ya. It's natural that us fishermen do this sort of things. I even have a big yellow sticker on the wall in my fishin room that says:
    ------------CAUTION-------------
    Fishing and Hunting Stories In Progress
    Protective Boots May Be Required

Post Thanks / Like

Justin, dont quit posting,i like to see post from Bluegrass, i too love fishing there, and i'm there alot. i live real close, about 4 miles. I love fishing deep water out there. if you are out there holler at me. love to fish with you , I'm real easy to spot. the brown guy in the white triton lol, my son is usually with me.

Post Thanks / Like

I won't be up at bluegrass for at least a week. I'm redoing all my electrical. Moving batteries to the front and extending the front deck. God is that front deck on those things tiny. If you see me give me a shout. I'm in a basstracker tx 17 most of the time. I'll be at Newburgh more now. Stripers are moving up and the skippys are starting to get fat! Striper time!!! As for the tourney's out of angel mounds let me know dates and times. I have a few buddies that would love to get in on those I think. Although they aren't big fans of being on the river at times. 17' boats and the river don't get along at times... To be honest I haven't fished the actual river that much except dams so it could be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

I know we're not supposed to put tournaments on this board but since you asked: Our next one is Sat. Sept 26 out of Angel Mounds. If you will give me your email address I'll put you on our mailing list so you'll get all the information.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone interested in fishing local (Evansville) river bass tournaments send me you email address and I'll put you on our list......dshardes@aol.com