Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Forum member in the lead....:)

Lowerider is in 1st place with a 5 fish weight of 150# and big fish of 44.8# on day one of a big catfish tourn. on the Ohio river out of Rising Sun Ind.
    Guy's lets root him on to victory for the fishin.com team. If they win the tourn. and big fish it will be worth around $8k.
    Yea! I'm his Old Man

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Forum member in the lead....:)

Wow! I hope they can hold on till the end. Those are some monster fish. Good luck to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Definetly keep us posted,GOOD LUCK lowerider...from a riverrat...Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

wow! how do you keep 150lbs of cats alive?lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
    wow! how do you keep 150lbs of cats alive?lol
    Modified stock tank from TSC. with pump and aereator.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Forum member in the lead....:)

Team Lowerider wins the Ohio valley river cats annual tournament with a two day total of 245# and also took big fish with a 44.8# Blue for the tourn. Second place was 191#.
    Scott and Steve worked hard to prefish this tourn. and had primo bait of skipjacks and mooneyes. They even had two 13# channel cats today on monster size baits.
    This was on the Markland pool of the river, if I told you where I would be shot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PRO V LE View Post
    Team Lowerider wins the Ohio valley river cats annual tournament with a two day total of 245# and also took big fish with a 44.8# Blue for the tourn. Second place was 191#.
    Scott and Steve worked hard to prefish this tourn. and had primo bait of skipjacks and mooneyes. They even had two 13# channel cats today on monster size baits.
    Congrats to them!!! Great job!!!... By the way, go ahead and tell us where they caught em. I think I can speak for everyone and we have decided it's worth the risk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PRO V LE View Post
    Great job guy's. Were skips and mooneyes fresh or frozen??? Again way to go...Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

What are mooneyes?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys - we just happened to have "one of those days" and lucked out that it happened during a big T.

Chuck - all bait was fresh. We spent a lot of time acquiring it. My good friends came in 3rd however using frozen so it does work.

We ended up catching over 40 fish and over 500 lbs in 2 days. The T had a 6 rod limit (3 per person) and at one time we had 6 fish on - one of them was a 38 lber that I had to pull in by hand b/c all the lines were tangled.

My spot is no longer a secret, just look for the bumper boats for now on....lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the_donger View Post
    What are mooneyes?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooneye

this is primo bait for striper and catfish. Like jacks you usually have to angle for them as they readily escape a net and don't school as thick as gizzards. However, the posted link calls them freshwater tarpon which are what skip jack are usually referred as.

The Ohio river has both goldeye and mooneye and unless they are side by side you really can't tell the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooneye

this is primo bait for striper and catfish. Like jacks you usually have to angle for them as they readily escape a net and don't school as thick as gizzards. However, the posted link calls them freshwater tarpon which are what skip jack are usually referred as.

The Ohio river has both goldeye and mooneye and unless they are side by side you really can't tell the difference.
    I find mooneye alittle deeper than skips it seems and they live alittle longer in a tank than skips. And WOW 500#'s in two day's you guy's were on fire. Fantastic. We need to hook up sometime and do alittle pleasure fishing...like to meet you. Chuck