Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Help with in dash flasher!!

I got my Ranger new in 93, and at my age it looks like it will be my last lol, need some help with my Lowrance in dash flasher, I have a LED graft on the console and one on the front, I have not used the flasher in years, the LED on the console went down and I went to the flasher, the big knob next the dash turns it on and the small knob on top of the big one adjusts the power of the signal, wow what a mouth full!! the small knob will pull up! I don't know what it does when it is pulled up. if anyone can figure out what I'm talking about, please let me know

Thanks in advance

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help with in dash flasher!!

It may change it to another depth scale when pulled up. Saw something on lowrance showing one part of knob being the supressor and another being sensitivity and it said above the knob in writing PULL 180' SCALE. Some models are different so it may not be the same as yours but it may be the same concept.

Post Thanks / Like

Found this on the site as well.

To set alarm on these units pull the small knob out. This will turn the marker light on. Rotate the small knob until the marker light is at the desired depth setting. If desired the knob can be pushed in to turn the marker light off. This does not turn the alarm off, just the marker light. If any echoes appear between the marker light setting and six feet, the alarm will sound. Adjust the large, inner knob for the desired volume.

I guess you might try em and see if either of these is what your model does.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassiusmaximus View Post
    Found this on the site as well.

To set alarm on these units pull the small knob out. This will turn the marker light on. Rotate the small knob until the marker light is at the desired depth setting. If desired the knob can be pushed in to turn the marker light off. This does not turn the alarm off, just the marker light. If any echoes appear between the marker light setting and six feet, the alarm will sound. Adjust the large, inner knob for the desired volume.

I guess you might try em and see if either of these is what your model does.
    thanks MAXIMUS after thinking about it , and the gears are starting to turn slow, I think your first thought was wright, seems like that it to me, after I go to the lake ill know for sure. thanks for jogging the old memory

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking at mine on my boat and it says pull for supressor. However, mine is on an older ranger and you dont have to pull it to use it. It works the same in or pulled out. It may just be because it only 27 years old lol. The bigger knob controls the depth range and on off. Click over once to turn on, then click again to change to another depth range. Hope you figure it out.