Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Only One Species

If you could only fish for one species of fish the rest of your life what would it be and why.

For me. it's easy it's the Smallmouth Bass. Nothing in this world charges my battery like watching these beautiful bronze fish jump three feet high thrashing for all their worth. Then comes the line peeling runs right at the boat. I have fished for many species and alot of fish way bigger than the smalljaws but nothing thrills me more.

How bout you guys???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Only One Species

Mine would be wild trout in the Smokies.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished for alot of fish both salt and fresh and my overall favorite is the largemouth. They can be caught just about anywhere and even in some pretty small waters.

Post Thanks / Like

Smallmouth without a second thought.Hybrids in good current would be a close second.

Post Thanks / Like

Smallmouth...........IN QUETICO or Dale.

Post Thanks / Like

So many to choose from,never could pick just one of anything,I always wanted them all.

I guess it would have to be Stripers,I just love the feel of those hosses when they rip some line off the reel.

Really tough to choose though,I'm happy fishing for any species,I can catch a hand sized ShellCracker and feel as good as if I caught a big Blue Marlin in the Carribean.

I've never done it but would enjoy an Alaskan King Salmon trip,or trout fishing in the Rockies,I enjoy fishing the creeks and rivers of Kentucky though.

Why Just One?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kyfanatic View Post
    So many to choose from,never could pick just one of anything,I always wanted them all.

I guess it would have to be Stripers,I just love the feel of those hosses when they rip some line off the reel.

Really tough to choose though,I'm happy fishing for any species,I can catch a hand sized ShellCracker and feel as good as if I caught a big Blue Marlin in the Carribean.

I've never done it but would enjoy an Alaskan King Salmon trip,or trout fishing in the Rockies,I enjoy fishing the creeks and rivers of Kentucky though.

Why Just One?
    Just thought it would be fun to see what everbodies true favorite is.

Post Thanks / Like

This is just a down right cruel question to have to answer. Perhaps even worse than having to answer the question from the wife "does this make my butt look big."
    Keeping this inner struggle in mind. I have to decided to go with spotted bass. My reasoning is that I love to fish rivers and creeks. The change in scenery makes everything so much more enjoyable. Then Smallmouth, Largemouth, and last would be Crappie.
    Yup this question is just like marriage. If I change my mind on this later can I get a divorce from my decision?

Post Thanks / Like

It would be smallmouth for me.....in the winter....on a bobber (followed closely by from a creek)

Post Thanks / Like

Smallmouth here also, in the late fall and winter.

Post Thanks / Like

First off, we are all blessed with having the good fortune of living in or near Kentucky waters which offer so many nice species of fish to fish for...and I am glad that I don't have to pick just one. But if I did pick only one it would be smallmouth followed by Stripers being a VERY close second.

Post Thanks / Like

Carp, simple gear, simple bait, plenty of them, good fighters, make good fertilizer.lol lol lol. The ole brown fish followed by spots and largies, love to catch em all, as long as their is a tug on the other end of my pole I am happy.