Search Fishin.com

Thread: Barren Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Barren Bass

Got on water by 6:00 started of with a Buzz and had two hits. Try plastric and had one short fish that got of at the boat. Try char., watermallow,blue, on gravel and rock points and walls with no fish. And also crank bait too. After all said and done caught two short fish, one on a Buzz bait and one on a crank on a point. Did have on one good fish on that point on a DD22 and that was about it. How did it go with some of you other guys on Barren this monring.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barren Bass

I fished Barren yesterday and it Rained on me most the morning. Caught several fish on top water, but just couldn't buy any good keepers. Also caught a few on Swim Senko and Carolina Rigged 10" worm. Ended up with 17 total. Caught all of em on the main lake. Couldn't buy a bite up in Skaggs.

Post Thanks / Like

I done alright up Skaggs last year but haven't been up there but two times this year and only caught two fish one of those trips. We done alright up the river all summer but it didn't happen today. I would have been happy today with some short fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I headed up the river this morning and ran into muddy water just above Long Creek, change directions and found water that better suited me on down the lake. Caught several slot fish and smaller fish on spinnerbaits, shallow crankbaits and, buzzbaits. Finally got one 15" bass on a buzzbait. Switched to crappie and caught several small fish with only two keepers, but one of them was 12 ". Although not one of my best days it was still fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Very slow for me also.. Caught a few fish Thursday evening in baby brush hogs with chart tail or a 10" worm in 3-5 feet of water in or around smart weed. Friday and this morning was very slow. I did have a new experience of seeing fish on my depth finder at 12 feet on a ledge and let my jig fall so I could see it on the Lowrance.. stroked it about 10 times or so and on the fall felt it stop early.. set the hook and what do you know.. 2 pounder.. this was 2 weekends ago.. I was so excited about it I called a fishing friend!

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from ya Fast, hadn't heard from you in some time. I'll like to do some of that deep water fishing too but just can't seem to get myself to try it. What about that spinner Badbrad, how, was ya fishing that job and what kind and color was it and that crank. If you don't mind me asking.