Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATV Trip

Post Thanks / Like

ATV Trip

This is stuck! We washed the bikes down in the river after the mudholes only to go back through them again later!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	1249   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Creek Pic.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	1250  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ATV Trip

Way to break her in Don, Looks like fun. Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

That's my buddies ATV and it took 10 minutes of trying different ways to get it out before we finally got her. Just amazing what these things will go through...or not! LOL...

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a good time, where you riding at?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    This is stuck! We washed the bikes down in the river after the mudholes only to go back through them again later!
    That had to have been a lot of fun and you've just about convinced me to buy the one we have been thinking about.

Have you ever ridden a pipeline or a high voltage powerline right-of-way on an ATV? I'm haven't but I used to have a lot of fun riding the pipeline on a Kawasaki dirt bike. We rode across creeks, through mudholes, around stumps, over rocks, and up steep rocky hills. There were some places that looked like solid ground with tall grass; just as we would get about half-way through, it was as if the ground dropped out from under us and we were up to the seat in mud or water. That was our challenge to see if we could go fast enough to skim over the top instead of dropping in. The other was to see how few (or many) attempts we had to take in order to make it to the top of the steepest hill. You really stirred up a lot of memories for me.

I'm glad you're having so much fun riding with your friends. All that fun can turn you into an adrenaline junkie. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CUZZIN View Post
    Looks like a good time, where you riding at?
    We were around Torrent by Natural Bridge(about 3 miles from it off of 715?). The property runs for miles and you can encounter hills, creeks, mudholes, very technical rock and rutted trails plus fast straight line runs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post
    That had to have been a lot of fun and you've just about convinced me to buy the one we have been thinking about.

Have you ever ridden a pipeline or a high voltage powerline right-of-way on an ATV? I'm haven't but I used to have a lot of fun riding the pipeline on a Kawasaki dirt bike. We rode across creeks, through mudholes, around stumps, over rocks, and up steep rocky hills. There were some places that looked like solid ground with tall grass; just as we would get about half-way through, it was as if the ground dropped out from under us and we were up to the seat in mud or water. That was our challenge to see if we could go fast enough to skim over the top instead of dropping in. The other was to see how few (or many) attempts we had to take in order to make it to the top of the steepest hill. You really stirred up a lot of memories for me.

I'm glad you're having so much fun riding with your friends. All that fun can turn you into an adrenaline junkie. lol
    Hey bug we are having a blast! We have met 10 or more bikers out there and become friends from the start. So now we all meet up and spend the day together and see some beautiful areas.

I have a 09' 680 Honda Rincon and am running stock wheels but thats going to change very quickly since it is limiting when it comes to mud and rocks.

I have video clips of us having fun but can't post those here (darn) they are pretty good. I think I'm gonna get a "YouTube" thing going so I can post those.

What kind of ATV are you looking at?

Post Thanks / Like

If you do the youtube thing please post a link to it here...I'd like to check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey bug we are having a blast! We have met 10 or more bikers out there and become friends from the start. So now we all meet up and spend the day together and see some beautiful areas.

I have a 09' 680 Honda Rincon and am running stock wheels but thats going to change very quickly since it is limiting when it comes to mud and rocks.

I have video clips of us having fun but can't post those here (darn) they are pretty good. I think I'm gonna get a "YouTube" thing going so I can post those.

What kind of ATV are you looking at?
    I was thinking something in the sport group like a Honda TRX700XX or a Kawasaki 450R Monster Energy. Isn't the Honda Rincon one of those powerhouse "work horses?" Are you planning to get larger wheels and possibly what we call off-road/knobby tires? I wouldn't want to ride behind you if you do. Mud and rocks will be flying through the treetops. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Wow you are looking at some nice bikes. We rode with a sport Honda (450 class I think) and it was an awesome machine!
    My Rincon is a 680 and I think it leans more toward sport bike than the farm/hunting bike. It's fast and has the indy rear suspension and EFI but no power steering.

For now I'm just gonna get some 25" tires mounted on my oem wheels and when I figure out what I REALLY like I'll take the plunge and get those big old tires and wheels. Maybe 27" tires and 14" wheels???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post
    If you do the youtube thing please post a link to it here...I'd like to check it out.
    I sure will! We already have some nice videos.

Post Thanks / Like

We were around Torrent by Natural Bridge(about 3 miles from it off of 715?). The property runs for miles and you can encounter hills, creeks, mudholes, very technical rock and rutted trails plus fast straight line runs.
    I ride a rzr s, if you are ever around south central KY give me a shout. We have some 60 mile trail rides thru some pretty country.