Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Islamic Day of Prayer at The White House

Dear Friends:

I received this email yesterday and feel that it is important enough to pass along to you.
    The day is coming -- they call it THEIRS and it probably is their time. When we have corrution like this in the White House the likes of which we have never seen...If President Obama does pray, who is it to? Maybe this will be an eye opener to the people that are STILL supporting his "Changes"...Be sure and click on the website for their big day on Capitol Hill. We need to pray for this nation as never before. Bassin_Bug
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The message:

In June 2009, President Barack Obama declared the USA no longer a Christian nation. In 1952 President Truman established one day a year as a National Day of Prayer. In 1988, President Reagan designated the first Thursday in May, of each year, as the National Day of Prayer. This year, however, President Obama, decided to cancel the ceremony at The White House not wanting to offend anyone.

On September 25, 2009, from 4:00 am until 7:00 pm, a National Day of Prayer for the Muslim religion will be held on Capitol Hill, beside the White House. As a Christian, it makes me really wonder where the REAL direction of this country is headed. Whether you didn't vote for the man or you did, as Christians I would surely hope that this would stir your spirit. They are expecting over 50,000 Muslims that day in DC.
    The website is: http://www.islamoncapitolhill.com Pay particular attention on the website to the bottom of the page where it states, "OUR TIME HAS COME."

2 Chronicles 7:14 says, "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land," becomes more important each day. Perhaps all the things going on now in this country and around the world could be solved if we would heed this scripture.

If you feel this is an important issue, please feel free to make your friends and family aware. If not, it is just a few thoughts to ponder on. God Bless.

If this upsets you, we have no one to blame except the Christians who haven't prayed.

I've heard many complaints about the direction that our country is taking, many people are upset with President Obama and our government officials, but the truth is the only people to blame are we Christians who haven't chased hard after our God. This is a spiritual battle that will become a natural battle if we don't pray.

Janice Seney
    The Storehouse Ministry
    PO Box 12163
    Olympia, WA 98508

To verify this event, click here:
    http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...itol-steps.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Islamic Day of Prayer at The White House

Oops! I thought I was posting this on the "Off Topic" Board. Sorry guys, it may disappear but I am hoping Peter will move it to the correct board.

Grumpy, HELP! I may be about to get a spanking. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of just makes you sick!!

Post Thanks / Like

Much ado about nothing.

These Muslims are gathering to say "I love America, and not all Muslims are terrorists." The email tries to make it appear this is a White House-sponsored event, which is either knowingly deceitful or incredibly uninformed.

Here is a quote from one of the organizers: "Most of the time, when Muslims go to Washington, D.C., they go there to protest some type of event. … This is not a protest. Never has the Islamic community prayed on Capitol Hill for the soul of America. We’re Americans. We need to change the face of Islam so people don’t feel every Muslim believes America is ‘the great Satan,’ because we love America."

I wish we Christians would get half as fired about about sharing the Gospel as we do whenever we perceive some sort of encroachment has been made upon our sacred ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Bug,

I find religion a very difficult subject to debate over, so generally steer clear of it entirely on message boards.

However, gotta share a couple of thoughts on this, respectfully of course...

In my opinion...

(1) I disagree with Obama's decision to cancel the National Day of Prayer Ceremony at The White House in fears that it would offend someone. However, I think there is a slight difference between a National Day of Prayer by the Government, and a gathering of 50,000 Islamic worshipers who get together on Capitol Hill to pray. While "allowing" it to happen could be considered quasi-sactioning it, it's really not. If an independent group of Catholics wanted to get 50,000 together in DC and have a prayer service, I don't see any reason why they couldn't...similar to a Million-Man-March or any other gathering of folks on the Capitol. It's a public place. That doesn't mean the Government is favoring Catholic religion.

(2) Obama, though I am NOT a fan, didn't declare that the United States is no longer a Christian nation. He said (although he fumbled the prepared remarks somewhat), that the US is no longer JUST a Christian nation. The "Just" is a big word in that sentence, and most of the emails circulating are leaving that part out. I would have to agree wholeheartedly that our country is no longer JUST a Christian nation. It has not been for some time. You know that freedom from religious persecution was what brought the Pilgrims here, and you know that we have a very diverse makeup of religious populations in this country. I have no problem with that - Our men and women in uniform who fight and die to defend this country and that freedom to worship whomever you choose come from all of those religious backgrounds. It is what this country is made of - Christians, Jews, Muslims, Athiests, Budhists, etc, etc, etc. That's okay. You and I are free to be a Christian, while our neighbor is free to be Islamic. If they are passionate enough about their religious beliefs to gather and pray at their nation's capitol, then so be it. As long as it's peaceful and pro-America, what's the problem with that? I'm not saying that I agree with all of the Islamic folks, but you can be Islamic and Pro-American. I looked at the website you linked and part of the day on Capitol Hill is for Islamic American youth to take tours of the capitol, Library of Congress, and Supreme Court and learn a bit. That sounds pretty Pro-American to me, just saying.

At face value it's shocking to say that 50K Islamic worshipers are gathering on the capitol, but in reality I really don't think it's that big a deal.

Just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you JCB, thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread was never posted to suppress freedom of worship, IT IS ABOUT THE DOUBLE STANDARD that has been set by this nation to accomodate Muslims while denying the same liberties to people of other faiths.

(My friend, Dee Ann Campbell, says it best and it's exactly my thoughts, as well).
    "While we should never restrict the freedom of religion in this nation, we should be more than a little outraged about this gathering and about the highjacking of our religious freedoms in general.

It is true our nation was founded on the principles of freedom, including freedom to express our faith in the public forum. Our forefathers believed in our right to believe, or not to believe, in a Higher Power that guides our destiny.

Some of our elite leftist leaders have traveled far away from the true tenets of freedom of faith. For many, that freedom to worship the God of our choosing and to express that freedom in the public square now applies to everyone except those who profess Christianity.

The double-standard is obvious. Everywhere you look, there are SPECIAL arrangements expressly to aide those who practice Islam.

Schools in other parts of the country where there are large numbers of Muslim residents are allowing students to go into a separate room prior to lunch in order to bow to the East and say their prayers.

But Christians - who by the way still make up more than 60% of the US population - cannot utter a prayer in public, much less be given special privileges at school in order to accomodate their faith. On the contrary, Christian students are told they must squelch their faith when they step foot over the threshold of the school door.

Nativity scenes and other Christian symbols have been all but banned in the public square, and monuments displaying the Ten Commandments have been relegated to a back closet of government office buildings. All the while, Muslims have special rooms set up for their expressions of faith in airports and other public places.

Even still, even with the blatant discrimination against all things Christian, and the placating of the Muslim population by those who call themselves 'progressive', those factors are secondary to the real reason why we should be outraged at the upcoming Muslim event in Washington.

We should be outraged because of the day we just observed, September 11.

Unfortunately, many of us seem to have forgotten what happened eight years ago on that date. We have forgotten how it felt to see those towers burn and fall to the ground, with 3,000 people inside. We have forgotten the sight of those souls jumping to their death from hundreds of stories up, rather than burn to death in their offices.

We have forgotten the resolve that we had to bring to justice those who were responsible, and those nations who would harbor them. We've not only forgotten the tragedy of 9/11, but we have also gone beyond that. In our quest to be the 'enlightened', modern globe-hugging American-bashing society that we are progressing rapidly toward, we have wrapped our arms around the radical Muslim world - as if we must beg for its forgiveness for all the 'atrocities' that 'forced' them to attack us on 9/11.

True enough, many Muslims are not the radical extremists who sanctioned and carried out the attack on our country. But right now, while we are in the middle of a war against radical Islam, we should be outraged at the blatant celebration of the Muslim faith in this country.

The event coming up in Washington is, quite simply, a slap in the face of the families of those heroes who died that day, and the military heroes who have died in pursuit of justice since then."

My post script to the above is, as you know, I lost a family member who is a military hero. Yesterday I received news that my first cousin, who was an FBI agent in NY on 9/11, was diagnosed last week with a rare form of cancer in his kidneys, liver, lungs and heart. He has been given ONE MONTH to live; he is one of the heroes suffering from the same type of cancer that has and is killing so many people who were exposed to the airborne substances that day. I exercise my right to be outraged at the upcoming event in Washington. Give me back my rights to have a nativity scene, to pray in public, to hear prayers at ball games, and give students back their rights to read the Bible and pray at school.

Have we forgotten? YES -- and then some.

Post Thanks / Like

Bug I haven't forgotten. I didn't see much relating to a double standard in the original post or chain letter.

First I'll agree with you that the courts have too radically interpreted the Establishment Clause by creating a mythical "wall of separation between church and state." Most people think that phrase is actually in the Constitution.

What I can't understand, though, is why we don't want Muslims to gather and say "the radical wing of our religion is wrong--America is NOT the Great Satan, we love America"?

It seems to me that when we paint all Muslims with the same brush, we take on the characteristics of the fanatical Muslims we all want to see die out. They don't distinguish between enemy combatants and civilians, for example.

All Muslims are not the same. Let the radical Muslims, not us, cast anyone who has a different faith as an enemy. Most Muslims are not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    Bug I haven't forgotten. I didn't see much relating to a double standard in the original post or chain letter.

First I'll agree with you that the courts have too radically interpreted the Establishment Clause by creating a mythical "wall of separation between church and state." Most people think that phrase is actually in the Constitution.

What I can't understand, though, is why we don't want Muslims to gather and say "the radical wing of our religion is wrong--America is NOT the Great Satan, we love America"?

It seems to me that when we paint all Muslims with the same brush, we take on the characteristics of the fanatical Muslims we all want to see die out. They don't distinguish between enemy combatants and civilians, for example.

All Muslims are not the same. Let the radical Muslims, not us, cast anyone who has a different faith as an enemy. Most Muslims are not.
    Well,I suggest taking a cross and bible to the capital of Saudi Arabia and see if 50,000 christians are allowed to pray.In fact you muslim lovers should read the Koran,it plainly states that believers of any other faith are infidels and should be treated as such,I say when muslim,s are equally accomadating to Christians then they can be treated equal in a Christian based country.

Post Thanks / Like

Again - why should we want to be like them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    Again - why should we want to be like them?
    You have a good start when you elect a muslim president that stops National Prayer day ,but allows National Muslim Day.Commies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    Bug,

I find religion a very difficult subject to debate over, so generally steer clear of it entirely on message boards.

However, gotta share a couple of thoughts on this, respectfully of course...

In my opinion...

(1) I disagree with Obama's decision to cancel the National Day of Prayer Ceremony at The White House in fears that it would offend someone. However, I think there is a slight difference between a National Day of Prayer by the Government, and a gathering of 50,000 Islamic worshipers who get together on Capitol Hill to pray. While "allowing" it to happen could be considered quasi-sactioning it, it's really not. If an independent group of Catholics wanted to get 50,000 together in DC and have a prayer service, I don't see any reason why they couldn't...similar to a Million-Man-March or any other gathering of folks on the Capitol. It's a public place. That doesn't mean the Government is favoring Catholic religion.

(2) Obama, though I am NOT a fan, didn't declare that the United States is no longer a Christian nation. He said (although he fumbled the prepared remarks somewhat), that the US is no longer JUST a Christian nation. The "Just" is a big word in that sentence, and most of the emails circulating are leaving that part out. I would have to agree wholeheartedly that our country is no longer JUST a Christian nation. It has not been for some time. You know that freedom from religious persecution was what brought the Pilgrims here, and you know that we have a very diverse makeup of religious populations in this country. I have no problem with that - Our men and women in uniform who fight and die to defend this country and that freedom to worship whomever you choose come from all of those religious backgrounds. It is what this country is made of - Christians, Jews, Muslims, Athiests, Budhists, etc, etc, etc. That's okay. You and I are free to be a Christian, while our neighbor is free to be Islamic. If they are passionate enough about their religious beliefs to gather and pray at their nation's capitol, then so be it. As long as it's peaceful and pro-America, what's the problem with that? I'm not saying that I agree with all of the Islamic folks, but you can be Islamic and Pro-American. I looked at the website you linked and part of the day on Capitol Hill is for Islamic American youth to take tours of the capitol, Library of Congress, and Supreme Court and learn a bit. That sounds pretty Pro-American to me, just saying.

At face value it's shocking to say that 50K Islamic worshipers are gathering on the capitol, but in reality I really don't think it's that big a deal.

Just my opinion.
    Who in the heck do you think organized the "Million Man March?" LOUIS FARRAKAHN, the head of the Nation of Islam. He was an associate of Black panther party leader, Malcom X, and a host of other unsavory characters. The sole purpose of the first US Nation of Islam organization was an effort to turn the USA into a black nation.

Farrakahn is the person who has organized the upcoming Islamic Day of Prayer. Read this WHOLE page and you will find out what he is all about. http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Farrakahn

Wait and see if they are pro-American or say all the crap that another poster said was the purpose of the Day of Prayer. Farrakahn is notorious for lying and causing problems everywhere he goes. He doesn't know who he is (he changed his name) or what he is. He organized the Nation of Islam but didn't trust even what HE believed so he left, came back and reorganized, left again, came back and reorganized, and here he is.

Knowing this about their "great" leader (sarcasm intended) I WILL certainly paint all Muslims with the same brush and not feel a twinge of guilt. Let their Allah sort it out. btw, Islamic youth touring historical sites in DC doesn't prove a flipping thing; SO DID SOME OF THE TERRORISTS OF 9/11.