Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Unemployment has doubled since the Dems took over

Guess they'll try to blame Bush for this too,but it's funny it has only doubled since they took control

http://www.kypost.com/news/local/sto...W4muPMp-A.cspx

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Unemployment has doubled since the Dems took over

I'm sure glad we payed all that money to stop this nose financial dive! These have to be the biggest bunch of loafing baffoons in the history of our country.

Anyone hear the recent Chandler commercial of how he helped stop the rise of unemployment? At least I think it said that because I haven't heard it in awhile.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought you were giving a national scale. I cant look all this info up to satisify you guys. LOOK in your local paper at the classified ads! Its full of jobs, pick one. It may not be what you like to do but it will pay the bills.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kyfanatic View Post
    Guess they'll try to blame Bush for this too,but it's funny it has only doubled since they took control

http://www.kypost.com/news/local/sto...W4muPMp-A.cspx
    Cause 1/2 the unemployed are republicans.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by slippedcork View Post
    I thought you were giving a national scale. I cant look all this info up to satisify you guys. LOOK in your local paper at the classified ads! Its full of jobs, pick one. It may not be what you like to do but it will pay the bills.
    ....naw.....I don't want to be a nurse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slippedcork View Post
    Yes,I became a journeyman carpenter,with a certificate in drafting and an engineering background so that I could get a job in food services (I hear McDonalds pays more than minimum wages) or at a seasonal clothing warehouse like the Gap for $8.50 an hour.
    Guess I better learn Chinese,that's where all the Dems are letting our jobs and future go.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a VERY interesting story on the news about a meat packing plant out in Iowa or somewhere like that.........so I did some research..........

Well, they were raided 3 times in 4 months, rounding up something like 250 ILLEGAL mexican workers.

The owner told the newspaper that they'd have to go out of business, due to the lack of labor, and additional labor costs.

In today's economy people ARE willing to work, and putting AMERICANS to work is good for AMERICANS.

I'm just saying.......there are jobs that AMERICANS are willing to do.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/258/story/884790.html

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/illega...LCE3MRACAGAO7C

http://www.alipac.us/article3891.html

Later,

Geo
    Last edited by GeoFisher; 09-26-2009 at 09:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes,I became a journeyman carpenter,with a certificate in drafting and an engineering background so that I could get a job in food services (I hear McDonalds pays more than minimum wages) or at a seasonal clothing warehouse like the Gap for $8.50 an hour.
    Guess I better learn Chinese,that's where all the Dems are letting our jobs and future go.
    Kyfanatic..........I HEAR Ya.

I'm in IT, and I'm continually having to "educate" myself to stay ahead of the Indians and Russians.

In my line of work, and Indian or a Russian with a H1-B visa can TAKE my job for about 1/3 what I will do it for.

There are a few things that keep me employed, but those things are getting FEWER and FEWER, and one of these days, I suspect I will be forced out of a TECHNICAL role into a business or management role. I DREAD the thought.

It used to be that these jobs were simply outsourced overseas, and companies COULD get away with hiring whole legions of technical folks OVER SEAS.

Now though.............LOTS of companies sponsor H1-B visas, and bring them here. While they are LEGAL, They are displacing AMERICAN workers who WANT the job.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Kyfanatic..........I HEAR Ya.

I'm in IT, and I'm continually having to "educate" myself to stay ahead of the Indians and Russians.

In my line of work, and Indian or a Russian with a H1-B visa can TAKE my job for about 1/3 what I will do it for.

There are a few things that keep me employed, but those things are getting FEWER and FEWER, and one of these days, I suspect I will be forced out of a TECHNICAL role into a business or management role. I DREAD the thought.

It used to be that these jobs were simply outsourced overseas, and companies COULD get away with hiring whole legions of technical folks OVER SEAS.

Now though.............LOTS of companies sponsor H1-B visas, and bring them here. While they are LEGAL, They are displacing AMERICAN workers who WANT the job.

Later,

Geo
    I was content as a contractor doing carpentry work.I made a very good living,took care of my family,had a tad bit of freedom,and then the Hispanics invaded working for pennies and doing shoddy work. The General Contractors didn't mind as long as work got completed fast and cheap,never mind the quality or the fact that Legal Americans wanted the work.
    Personally,I consider the way our politicians have sold our jobs out to lobbyist's from every country except the USA to be a form of Treason and the Traitors should be treated as such.I have lost all respect for the president,the house,the senate,and cabinet members.I hope everyone sticks together and sends a message that is not about party lines or race,but about ending the blood letting from those who are supposed to serve us.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have the time or resources to do something of this nature,but I would love to see someone put together a list of every company/corporation that outsources our jobs,imports foreign workers,and otherwise abuses American Citizens while selling their product/service back to us.Then I would love to see Americans band together and boycott these slimy @#$%^& until they got the message.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have the time or resources to do something of this nature,but I would love to see someone put together a list of every company/corporation that outsources our jobs,imports foreign workers,and otherwise abuses American Citizens while selling their product/service back to us.Then I would love to see Americans band together and boycott these slimy @#$%^& until they got the message.
    I admire a man who believes in something! You believe in this very strongly. Start with wal-mart, it aint gonna get off the ground. Americans want the best value for the buck. Problem is the USA produces as much as always but with less people. Technology is consuming most of the jobs! As hard as it will be for you to believe me I try and buy american made but check the prices! I wish you luck in your endeavor, I really do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    Cause 1/2 the unemployed are republicans.
    Yes,and the half working are Republicans too.Last time I checked most Dems stand around waiting for their Govt Check.