Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Trooper Island Tour. ??

Anyone know anything about this or when it is going to be? I would like to know the details. i heard it was next month?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trooper Island Tour. ??

Saturday October 12th. Last year it was $100 entry fee.

Eric Stome with the Kentucky State Police in Frankfort runs it. I have not seen an announcement for it yet.

Hope you can make it because it's alot of fun. Last year the big fish was a 6+ LM.

Post Thanks / Like

This year's 30th annual Cunningham Memorial Bass Tournament will be on Saturday October 24th 2009 on Dale Hollow Lake. The tournament will start and end at the dock on Trooper Island. The payout of this year's tournament will be $1,200 1st, $800 2nd, $500 3rd, $300 4th and $100 for 5th.

Trooper Island will be open for anyone that wants to stay. There will be a Fiday and Saturday night meal along with a Saturday breakfast provided. The tournament is $100/ boat. There will be Friday night pre-tournament meeting at 6pm CST with a chip draw for starting positions. You can also register Saturday morning between 5:30 an 6:30 CST, but you will receive a later starting position. The reason for all tournament activities on Trooper Island is for people to get to see the Island and benefits that it has on todays youth.

This is a tournament that benefits Trooper Island boys and girls camp in memory of Clinton Cunningham, a Trooper that was shot and killed in the line of duty.

Anyone with further question feel free to call me at (502) 330-6242.

Eric Stone

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, this tournament is a lot of fun. I have fished it the past few years. A great bunch of guys. For those who may not know about Trooper Island at Dale Hollow Lake, it is a camp which caters to several groups of kids, from families that may not be able to afford to send their sons/daughters to camp to handicap children. The Island is ran by the KY State police and is ran entirely on donations. This is a very worth-while fund raiser. Mr. Stone has been working hard the past couple of years to raise the payouts via sponsor and donor monies in order to grow the tournament so as to benefit the Island more and to keep the memory of Trooper Cunningham alive. Trooper Cunningham, as I have been told, was a strong supporter of the Island and an avid fisherman.

In the past along with the tournament, Eric has been able to acquire several nice prizes to raffle off. With the economy being down this year this has been little tougher. If anyone can donate any fishing/hunting/boating types of items/gear, I am sure Eric and the Island would greatly appreciate it.

As far as the tournament goes, I would challenge anyone to find a better deal for $100/boat. As Eric mentioned, this covers your entry, 2 or 3 meals and a bed for a night or two if you wish to stay on the Island in one of the bunk houses which have heat and a/c. For those that may be interested in staying we usually have a few friendly card games and other activities going on during the evenings. In the past we have had several kids and wives fish along with their dads/husbands as well as grandparents.

So if you are looking for a fun and relaxing time whether it be for a day or a couple, get in touch with Eric Stone and come on down. Dale Hollow can be a tough nut to crack but at the same time is very beautiful and relaxing. We would love to see many new faces. Those that have came out in the past have been frequent returners. If you are leary because you may not know anyone, don't be. The people in charge of running the Island are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. So pack your bags and come on down.

Andy Myers
    Last edited by tr186man; 09-28-2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Adding my name

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the first one. It is a worthwhile event in memory of a great person.