Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

More flooding rains next week

Here we go again, Some of the forecasters around here are speculating that next week could be another 5 to 7 inch rainfall week. I had over six inches at my house last week and more heavy coming tonight they are saying.
    I can never remember a year like this, it's been incredible. The Mushrooms in my yard are growing Mushrooms. We need about a two week break without a single drop!

Maybe we'll get lucky and miss this crap this time??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: More flooding rains next week

I just hope C-land can survive. At least the water coming in will be cooler. Doesn't mean much if there isn't any oxygen in it. It's been very cool the last few days and looks like it wont get very warm anymore this year so maybe we will be ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Morone View Post
    I just hope C-land can survive. At least the water coming in will be cooler. Doesn't mean much if there isn't any oxygen in it. It's been very cool the last few days and looks like it wont get very warm anymore this year so maybe we will be ok.
    I hope so Scott, reports are that the lake has lost alot of Walleye and some Stripers and even some dead bass floating. Way too much rain this year for sure it's been really hard on the lake and alot of things.

Post Thanks / Like

We got Mushrooms all over the yard at work some of them are red as beets!

Post Thanks / Like

Had 1.4 inches last night and this morning here at work, at least that at home.

Weather boys said this one was not gonna be a big deal only 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch..........................................NOT!

Post Thanks / Like

rain knocked me out of work today,I wish these torrential downpours would hang over Washington DC and flush all the @#$%^ down the sewer.

Guess I'll do a little scouting today.

Post Thanks / Like

We had a colossal crop of puffballs until I smoked them all with the riding mower. Lots of shrooms in the mulch. Went out back in the field and was checking cow patties no mushrooms under those........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psprowler View Post
    We had a colossal crop of puffballs until I smoked them all with the riding mower. Lots of shrooms in the mulch. Went out back in the field and was checking cow patties no mushrooms under those........
    Better watch those "Cow Pie" mushrooms,a couple guys I know told us that Aliens abducted them while camping at Red River Gorge after eating those things.

Post Thanks / Like

Had 7/10ths inches here in Greenville last night and this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

I drove through that crap at 6am on my way to louisville airport and it sukked. Now I'm stuck in Chicago. I'm sure Obama had something to do with this! Lol...

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kyfanatic View Post
    Better watch those "Cow Pie" mushrooms,a couple guys I know told us that Aliens abducted them while camping at Red River Gorge after eating those things.
    Do they have any left over they want to sell? I'm getting ready to negotiate a deal on a new truck, and I want to be on the same level as the salesman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kyfanatic View Post
    rain knocked me out of work today,I wish these torrential downpours would hang over Washington DC and flush all the @#$%^ down the sewer.

Guess I'll do a little scouting today.
    We had some heavy rains the first of the week but it cleared up, had 40% chance for t'storms today but the sun was out all day and it's supposed to be clear tomorrow. The rain has cooled the lakes down to about 70 degrees, the bass are shallow, hitting topwater bait early morning and late afternoon. During the day, they are hitting Rat-L-Traps, spinnerbaits, Long A Bombers, or whatever is in the tackle box. There are 4 lakes I know of that are like that and it's a fisherman's dream. The fish are in a feeding frenzy in all 4 lakes.

Don't know what kind of scouting you are talking about but I hope you find the right place. We are getting up early to go fishing and I 'think' I have already found the right place. Now I hope the weatherman was reading the correct weather report. LOL