Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland River Conditions

Gonna head down Saturday evening from Louisville and fish some Saturday night and Sunday. Plan on taking my boat. Anyone know what the water's like right now? I'm hoping it's safe for my 17' fiberglass boat. Also what's being caught? We plan on trying for trout and walleye. Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cumberland River Conditions

The lake is still 3-feet above pool right now (683' elev) so they're having to let water out of the dam, and have been for several days now. As of this morning they are still discharging at 9840 cfs, which is wayyyyyyy high. Suggest somewhere else.

http://www.lakeinfo.tva.gov/htbin/la...H&DataType=All

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on what Markmac60 wrote...even the guides are taking a butt whipin' on the river...according to what I saw on Kentucky Afield this past weekend (Oct. 3rd) they also said forget baout the river for at least a couple more weeks. Perhaps when the water gets colder.

Post Thanks / Like

The CR is out-of-commission. It is probably my fault....it seems everytime I think of heading there.....the floods come! Maybe if I pretend like I am not going to go at all this year...the floods will cease!

Fish on!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

We were down at the CR last Friday and KILLED the rainbow up by the dam on light spinning tackle and blue foxes. The river was running at 9480, high, and all the sandbars were submerged, but it didn't matter. We also took a 19" brown (almost 20"!) and numerous 12" brown. The smaller fish were very aggressive. Did not try any fly fishing- too much current. Fish bit better while it was raining and nasty.

Post Thanks / Like

we just got a couple inches in burkesville not sure what they got above, 10-6-09,

I seldom fish the river but id be curious how u night fish the river thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Would not take the boat out at night, likely just try our luck from the bank up by the dam. Thanks for the responses, glad to know what to expect. I swear the water is never the same twice in a row down there. Probably gonna try it even if the water isn't ideal because we're itching to get outta town and do some fishing. I let you know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

We've got our annual CR trip coming up on Nov. 18-21. I am praying that the CR Gods will smile upon us and grant us good fishing conditions. Anything under 5000 cfs and I will be happy. Although, I would give my left (you know what) for 540 cfs! Doesn't look like it is going to happen. More rain in the forecast.

Fish on!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Heading down in a few hours and will not be returning until Sunday. I gues with the river running the way it is that hatchery creek should be good this time of year. I will post on succes upon my return.

Post Thanks / Like

Heading down this Sat and staying until the 16th, so I would bet that all rain will stop, fishing will be the best all year, and the temp will rise, and all this will happen after the 16th.

Billy

Post Thanks / Like

didnt make it last weekend but will be there this coming saturday. will post report when we get back, waters dropping and fishing should pick up.